lasik eye surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever had lasik eye surgery? Did your change in vision have any effect on your seizure patterns?

lasik & seizures

Funny you should bring that up.... before my laser eye surgery I didn't have a lot of eye symptoms. some, but I chocked them up to migraines. Now, after the surgery, my left eye focuses in and out. And sometimes objects look close, then far away, then close, then far away. It's like living in Alice in
Wonderland. I really didn't relate this to the lasik, but who knows.

Good question Bernard. With my uncle, when he got his vision corrected, it helped out his migraines alot. maybe its because he didnt squint and strain as much to see, even with his glasses.

Wow... I asked this question almost four years ago!

I was interested because Stacy wanted to get corrective eye surgery done and I was seeking some feedback to help determine if it might be a potential problem (or benefit). Stacy had the surgery done years ago and I can't really say that it had any effect on her seizure activity at all.

I had the surgery done ten years ago. My vision was perfect until I started taking Lamictal...

Bernard, I'm glad it worked out for Stacy~!

I have no idea whether the eye surgery affected me, because correlation doesn't mean causation. Just because I'm getting some weird vision symptoms now doesn't mean the surgery caused them. Good things: I do know that now I can see the clock when I wake up, take walks in the rain without glasses, see the lane when I swim, and snorkle without a corrective dive mask, all of which is great!

It's amazing, isn't it, that you can post something 4 years ago and it touched a chord in someone after all this time. Just shows that words live on.

My Dad had it done several times because of diabetes. He almost totally lost his sight but got it back before he passed on. My mom had it done in one eye and it was no problem.

Back
Top Bottom