late onset

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

huskymom

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am just curious, how many of you out there have started you epileptic journey late in life? Mine started at the age of 45!

Mine was around 38 but do to TBI from being hit by a car while riding a bike (one of the few times I WASN'T wearing a helmet!)

Remember that seizures are only the symptom. The underlying cause could have been working it's way to the present scenario for many years prior.

As an example, gluten sensitivities go un-noticed for quite some time, and now there are reports that say 1/100 have sensitivities to it.

But I agree with Robin, I think there were subtle gradual things going on prior.

Mine started as a kid, but the seizures were few and far inbetween, so I just ignored them. Then in my late 40's they kicked in with a vengence. Don't know why.

44 when discovered. Don't know how long I had them, or maybe all my life.... no one knows

I got diagnosed at 22, but when i looked back through to when i was a kid, i think the problems were already there. Had my first tonic clonic during the day and witnessed when i was 21.

Back
Top Bottom