Lexapro - seeking feedback about this drug

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joey

New
Reaction score
first off hi to all my buddies its been a while but i was wondering if anybody could tell me about lexapro,if you have taken it and if it works good because my doctor just prescribed it to me. thanks:pop:

From my experiences!

Joey,

As I have taken many different types of antidepressants with my anticonvulsants. I learned in my own experiences that sometimes the old stand bys like Lexapro can work better because you want to look out for side effects of epilepsy, seizures,headaches and keep a record of them that will help alot!
David:twocents::twocents:

thank you robin , i got alot of info . and thanks hai

Hi Joey,

I don't know much about Lexapro, but I found some info about it:
Escitalopram (ess-sit-AL-oh-pram) is used to treat mental depression.

Escitalopram belongs to a group of medicines known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). These medicines are thought to work by increasing the activity of the chemical serotonin in the brain.

Lexapro

You can find more info on serotonin here: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/5-htp-512/

You can find more about SSRIs and epilepsy here: Antidepressants (see the Interactions with AEDs section near the bottom).

Hi Joey,

I was actually on Lexapro..before I finally was diagnosed with epilepsy. Before that..Drs. were assuming it was anxiety/nocturnal attacks. When I was on it, I was tired initially, maybe a bit fuzzy headed or dizzy. I eventually went off it because I was still having my spells that were the seizures..not anxiety. I did well while I was on it. Can't remember any issues with it. I will say, if I forgot my med, I would get a bit tingly-headed. Good luck to you!! Take care!

Michelle : )

Hi Joey,

My neuro put me on Lexapro shortly after my brain surgery because of severe depression and anxiety. It didn't really help, but actually gave additional side effects that I didn't need to deal with. Then, when I decided to stop taking it, my neuro (now treating with a new one) said there would not be any type of withdrawal. Unfortunately, he was majorly wrong on that one. I had terrible problems from withdrawal which went on for months. During that time, I actually located a Lexapro withdrawal forum. It began in January of 2005 and is still current if you want to check it out. I wish you good luck!

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-conditions/lexapro-withdrawal-24681.html

Sincerely,
JosieB

Lexapro,
I took that for awhile it didn't do any good for me so I took myself off it.

Belinda:woot:

Urg.

Yeah, well. I took that. Let's say that I'm ALLERGIC to anti-depressants. I CANNOT take them. Lexapro.......I had a bad reaction to it, and became suicidal on it. I was taken off that IMMEDIATELY. Initially going on it wasn't bad.......fuzzy headed, and tingly. But, things went down-hill from there

PLEASE NOTE: I am--and was then, too-- on a large number of meds for other medical conditions. This probably (in my mind, at least) contributed to the problem......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom