Long time

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So I've had a long time where life was good.
In the last 6 months though I've been having nocturnal seizures again, I went for so long without any that life was going great now it feels as though I've ben taking steps backwards.

My meds were changed back to topamax and Gaba together this time and it seems to have been working better than others than what I was on before.

Just hate how it was going great and now it's back to square one.

Mike

Hi Mike,

It's nice to see you back, sorry to see you are having nocturnal seizures again.
I hope the current meds will help control the seizures.

Thanks CQ:)
The meds have to a point kept them under control, but it seems that they are coming back around almost like in seasons, and going away for different season. (if that makes sense) Different parts of the year are worse for me than others, sleep plays a huge part in who often they seem to come as well lack thereof makes it worse, stress, ect So i'm at a loss.
All the neuros I've seen said since the EEG's came back normal and they can't find a reason for seizures, and other issues I go through that there's nothing wrong with me and then let me go and say have a great day! I've went through 5 neuros no in the last year and a half 2 years? My memory is foggy on how long and exactly how many.

Hey Mike, sorry to hear that the meds aren't working well right now. But it's good to know that they were able to help before -- at least that gives the neuros are reason to keep prescribing the anti-seizure meds, even in the absence of a positive EEG.

Are you taking anything to help you sleep?

The meds are being written by my PCP since all neuros dropped me, and no nothing for sleep since I have a wacky sleep schedule, but am prob going to go back and try melatonin

Back
Top Bottom