looking for GOOD pill organizer

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
When carrying my 7 day pill organizer in my purse, ALL the ones I've tried come open.

The 7 day pill organizer are great when at home, however in my purse they come open and I have to depose of the pills.

Has anyone found a better pill organizer for carrying on you. I can't keep deposing of the medic. I need.

This same situation was happening to my daughter since she takes quite a few supplements.

I found a organizer at Michael's. I believe it was designed for beads and similar small items. It does not have the days of the week printed on each section, however there are 7 sections. It has a "lock" on the side that has to be pressed in order for the individual section to be opened. I bought one for each of us, and it appears to be quite successful.

It is similar to this item:
http://www.stuff4crafts.com/7-compa...ID=858440963&gclid=CJfg6uK8zq4CFeMbQgodVE54-w

I usually only keep a days worth of pills on me so I don't have to worry about lugging around a big organizer that holds a whole weeks worth. Usually the bigger they are the easier the days get caught on things in my purse and pop open. I take several pills a day and at different times so I have a smaller organizer that goes Monday to Friday, it fits a days worth of pills and I'm able to seperate the dosage times with it.

This doesn't really answer your question but maybe you could try putting your organizer in a plastic bag for now. That way if it comes open the pills won't go every where and you won't have to toss them.

Last edited:
I dont know if you have a Dollar Tree in your area, but I found a really cute small one, that has all seven days on it, and its so compact that it works great in my purse. Plus it doesnt come open for me. It actually locks together pretty good. One day I had trouble getting it open! LOL Here is the link to the one I picked up. We got a blue one.

http://www.dollartree.com/health-pe...-pill-containers/211c251c329p295842/index.pro

Thanks for the info. I hope to get to a Michael's this week. I would never have thought of looking there.
I have purchased so many pill organ.
I take medic. every four hours, diff. medic. at diff. times (I hope I'm making sense)
It should be easy enough, I'm embarrassed to say I get confused when out with friends --I trying not to bring attention to myself, but my cell phone es rings when medic. is due to take, then I trying to remember which medic. to take at this time. My memory has just gone out the door.
I'm thankful it could be worse.

I have an AM/PM 7 day a week one that I found at CVS that has pop out compartments for days of the week that are clearly marked it seems to stay locked throughout the day and has enough room for my medicines at present for now (3 500mgs keppras,2 100 mgs toppamax and a 25mgs lisopril) w/ a little room to spare but not my vitamins so i store those in another smaller am/pm case that i found at target. I think I found at both Target and at CVS 3 compartment 7 day cases also for those of you who might need them. they were not to much more then the am/pm cases and they locked suprisingly well.

Don't feel bad jyearta, I can't always remember if I have taken my vitamins. That is why a 7 day week organizer helps me. I can see if the section is empty, I did.

Back
Top Bottom