looking for a Vit. or supplement for memory

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a SAFE Vit. or supplement that helps with memory?

I know we had to be careful, having E. in what we take. I don't want to add one more thing to my daily meds. but I'm so tired of not being able to recall inform. and when I read where I have posted, it's like WHO is this that doesn't know how to use correct wording.

An excellent question! Most of the "memory-enhancing" supplements are designed to stimulate the brain -- which can be risky for people with low seizure thresholds. One thing that can help are Omega-3s -- both dietary (in oily fish, flax seed oil, some eggs), or as a supplement.

You might try taking Bacopa extract. Bacopa is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve memory, concentration, and learning. Animal studies show that in high doses it has anti-epileptic properties. It's generally considered safe. You can read about it here: http://www.ehow.com/info_8128461_uses-bacopa.html

As always with supplements, you need to proceed with caution, since they aren't regulated in the same way that pharmaceuticals are.

Thanks Nak. I am doing brain games, daily exercise but my memory is just the Pitts. It seems I worse with writing than talking.

you not on your own with memory,it the most depressing thing in my life...i taking acai berry and was taking gingo biloba but heard not to good with ep

Back
Top Bottom