lorazepam / ativan

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jayde-101

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey i had drs appointment today over my concerns of my clustering seizures that always generalize :( ... He prescribed me 28 1mg tablets with the dose take as directed in emergency ...

I was just wanting peoples view on this drug and experiences and how long it take to work ect ...

Thank you pita300 for your help with your answer to this already xx

ativan helps if you take it in time. there's a fine line that if crossed before the ativan is in your blood then it's likely too late and a worse seizure will break through.
i've always been told it goes under the tongue.

We have ativan to use as a rescue drug for my daughter, and were advised to put under the tongue or hold in the side of her cheek.

My parents were always given a prescription for that from my pediatric neuro when I was little. They were told to put it under my tounge because it dissolves faster. For me, it worked great. Stopping the seizures and preventing them to come again. The last time I took it was in November of 2012 when I had seizures when trying the generic Keppra XR. The generic just couldnt control the seizures, and I had break through ones. My neuro at the time wouldnt even prescribe the ativan, claiming its too addictive. But there I was sitting with seizures caused from a generic anti seizure medication, and he wouldnt help me by getting them to stop while I switched back to the name brand. So the only other dr I had available was my primary care dr. They couldnt beleive that my neuro would say that, and not want to stop the seizures. I was given .5mg tablets and just taking one of those helped to stop the seizures. Luckly more more seizures occured after that since I then was back on the name brand Keppra XR.

Thanks everyone ... I guess it Dont go unharmed to keep it in and try next time ts bad Xx

Back
Top Bottom