Lost yet another day!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

huskymom

New
Reaction score
I just wanted to have my own pity party! Spent the entire day yesterday on the couch sleeping off a seizure from the night before. It just makes me so mad! I have stuff to do and I feel as if I am letting my co-worker down. When I wasn't sleeping I was crying. What a mess! I did make it in to work today, but still feel pretty out of it. I want to be able to stay up late if I want, go out and do all kinds of different activities without having to wonder if this one will cause a seizure.....

Okay, I think I am done, thanks for coming to my party!!

Oh Huskymom, I know where you're coming from. I'm sorry you appear to have had a bad one. How are you feeling now? You know you did the right thing though, I had to take a whole day off uni on wednesday and I was so frustrated but I just had to give in. My E nurse said the best thing we can do is get lots of sleep, listen to our bodies, and when they tell us we need to sleep or relax, just do it. It's never convenient though is it! It's not even 8pm and I'm struggling to stay awake or make myself dinner! So if you're holding the party, can you make me dinner? =)

Even without seizing, I sometimes take a whole day off and lie on the couch. (Hangs head in shame). Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks ladies! Trust me though, you don't want me to make dinner! The husband is the cook in our family. I am just really good at ordering out :)

I am starting to feel a little better. I probably should have stayed home today too, but darn it, I have things to do! At least the weekend is coming up. I am sure that I will be fast asleep on the couch by 7!!

Makes you wish there was a way you good turn in iows for good days.

Hope you recoup and feel better quickly.

Been there done that, I know what you're going through. The worse the seizure the longer I sleep.

Hope things get better.

Sometimes it only makes it worse to try and tough it out. A bit of rest can save you time in the long run but I still maintain it's always annoying and inconvenient!

Back
Top Bottom