Marijuana Lung Irritation

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrKap

New
Reaction score
So, I am now done a second cycle of marijuana. First cycle, I smoked 3 or 4 times a day or more, over the course of a month. Abstained for a month, and went back on for 2 months. Daily intake, several times a day, and while I do not like being stoned all the time, being able to sleep without having seizures, is a huge benefit to me.

Unfortunately, I cannot keep going the way I am, smoking it. It is doing heavy damage to my lungs. I have to smoke it 3 times a day at least to get the relief I am looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions for taking marijuana, perhaps there is a miracle vape (they all look poor quality to me), or perhaps they've found a food which is not through the roof expensive?

I will try just about anything at this point.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, I suspect I have a temporal lobe/paretial lobe issue, which is probably related to some type of scar or lesion over my hippocampii, although, that is totally guessing and could be very wrong.

So, if anyone knows of a safer way to get marijuana into my system, I am appreciative of that.

Last edited:
Why don't you use the CBD oil instead?? You say you don't like being "stoned" and CBD oil has much of the psychoactive components of the marijuana removed.

So, if anyone knows of a safer way to get marijuana into my system, I am appreciative of that.

As you know, in my state, Colorado, marijuana is legal now and many people from across the land are moving here because of it. Some have found better ways than inhaling, by eating it, drinking it. Now many parents with little ones who have severe epilepsy are moving here so they can have them start the medical marijuana with the CBD removed, like masterjen said.

Here is another story on the subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/why...html?soc_src=unv-sh&soc_trk=fb&fb_ref=Default

And, check this out:

http://www.thecannabist.co/category/resources/ask-the-cannabist/
http://www.thecannabist.co/category/reviews/edible-reviews/

Why don't you use the CBD oil instead?? You say you don't like being "stoned" and CBD oil has much of the psychoactive components of the marijuana removed.

I don't know much about it, whether it's worked for anyone else, or which oils are effective.

Hemp oil is said by at least one site to contain almost no CBD, as it comes from the seeds.

Some of the websites say how much CBD in milligrams is in a bottle.

It's really expensive stuff and I don't want to make the mistake of getting something that isn't effective.

I don't even know if it's the CBD which is the ingredient that I should be concerning myself with, as perhaps the terpenes in marijuana are of the real therapeutic value to epilepsy.

*cough*Edibles*cough*

I am starting to wonder if introducing hemp seeds into my diet would be enough?

I understand there are medical marijuana programs, but I still have several medications I'd prefer to try before I go that route. At this point I can tell my condition may be getting slightly better, but I have no idea if that's due to the marijuana or not.

Any suggestions on the edibles? Like perhaps there is a large farm, that is charging less for hemp based products? I remember eating hash when I was a teen. I don't remember any type of buzz from it, so I am reluctant to go and buy edibles, if they are less potent, and more expensive.

Why aren't you using a vaporizer?

http://www.vapecritic.com

I've tried the nicotene vaporizers and they work, but I am having a hard time deciding whether or not a vaporizer for bud is the better route, or if getting oils, and vaporizing those is the better route. I imagine the cost of either vaporizer is through the roof expensive (from what I have seen so far). I'm only trying to keep costs down and avoid as many mistakes as possible.

As you know, in my state, Colorado, marijuana is legal now and many people from across the land are moving here because of it. Some have found better ways than inhaling, by eating it, drinking it. Now many parents with little ones who have severe epilepsy are moving here so they can have them start the medical marijuana with the CBD removed, like masterjen said.

Here is another story on the subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/why...html?soc_src=unv-sh&soc_trk=fb&fb_ref=Default

And, check this out:

http://www.thecannabist.co/category/resources/ask-the-cannabist/
http://www.thecannabist.co/category/reviews/edible-reviews/

You know what blows my mind? I am up in Canada and it seems to be easier to find illegal marijuana, than it does to find alternative medical products. :ponder:

CBD oil

I got desperate for an alternative to meds. I'm very sensitive to side effects. I thought about pot but I walked around in a fog all day anyway and I love eating and sleeping, don't need help with that. I heard about pot w/low levels of THC so I looked into it. Long story short, I ordered some. It's legal everywhere as long as it's .03% THC or lower. Best thing ever! I'm a huge skeptic so I do a lot of research before I do anything. I've been able to cut back on my meds, my anxiety level is down about 90% I have 0 depression, I'm not in a fog, my concentration level has increased. I can actually hold and follow conversations now. Best thing, I haven't had a sez. in 2 1/2 weeks!!
I use the tinctures, Cibdex drops 500mg in the morning and 100mg later in the afternoon. All it basically is, is a boost of supplements we don't get in our daily diet. B9, B1, B2, B3, B6, E, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Omega 6, Omega 3 and Fibre.

I got desperate for an alternative to meds. I'm very sensitive to side effects. I thought about pot but I walked around in a fog all day anyway and I love eating and sleeping, don't need help with that. I heard about pot w/low levels of THC so I looked into it. Long story short, I ordered some. It's legal everywhere as long as it's .03% THC or lower. Best thing ever! I'm a huge skeptic so I do a lot of research before I do anything. I've been able to cut back on my meds, my anxiety level is down about 90% I have 0 depression, I'm not in a fog, my concentration level has increased. I can actually hold and follow conversations now. Best thing, I haven't had a sez. in 2 1/2 weeks!!
I use the tinctures, Cibdex drops 500mg in the morning and 100mg later in the afternoon. All it basically is, is a boost of supplements we don't get in our daily diet. B9, B1, B2, B3, B6, E, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Omega 6, Omega 3 and Fibre.

Link?

And Mr. Kap I put 2 ounces of hemp protein in my morning smoothies every day. Doesn't have any real benefits besides the fiber & omega 3s. Also a great alternative to whey or soy.

HealthyHempOil.com check out seedguids.info to.
Hope you give it a try, it's been a blessing for me!

Link?

And Mr. Kap I put 2 ounces of hemp protein in my morning smoothies every day. Doesn't have any real benefits besides the fiber & omega 3s. Also a great alternative to whey or soy.

I'm thinking it's the terpenes that might have the most effect, but I will try anything while I work to get this aquarium built.

The Cibdex brand is for sale on Amazon. I use their capsules instead of the tincture. You get a more measurable dose that way and also the tinctures have all sorts of other stuff in them like sugar alcohols, glycerine and such.

I also use a vaporizer called HempVap that is sold by the Kannaway company online.

I thought about the capsules when I first started but I'm so tired of swallowing pills, too many for too many years.

I thought about the capsules when I first started but I'm so tired of swallowing pills, too many for too many years.
I hear you on that but on the other hand it makes it easy to remember to take them. I just put the CBD capsules in my pill box for the week along with my other meds.

Back
Top Bottom