medical Alert tags

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Maisy

New
Reaction score
Does anyone here where them, are they useful? Don't know whether too get one or not! :hugs: For all that needs one :)

I wear a medic alert bracelet which is registered through the Australian Medic Alert Foundation. The medic alert foundation have a list of my meds, my neurologists phone number & my parents phone number on record. I have had at less one time when wearing my medic alert bracelet saved me. In 2008 I was found walking the streets by someone, the person saw my medic alert bracelet & realised something was wrong so they rang for an ambulance. I had no id on me so when I got to the hospital the staff were able to ring the medic alert foundation quote my registration number & get my neurologists contact number & my parents contact number. I lost a little over 3 hours of the day (dont remember anything from 9am when i left home until just after 12pm when I woke in hospital), the only information I know about that day is what the nurses told me.

Here are some other similar threads which may help -
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f27/medic-alert-bracelets-do-you-wear-one-1003/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f27/wear-not-wear-medical-bracelets-3076/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/medic-alert-jewellry-7087/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/epilepsy-bracelet-10501/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com...medical-id-bracelet-did-save-your-life-15828/

I just got diagnosed and just got one. I spend a lot of time alone, at work, going places, school, church etc.

I'm due to get my license back tomorrow (1 year after the drop seizure) but will be waiting until I'm stable on medication (I have the simple partials all the time but they aren't reported to the DMV) before I drive again. But will keep the medical alert tag for that as well.

It's a peace of mind knowing if I had a seizure and couldn't talk people would be able to read and understand. And if need be the doctors would know how to treat me.

I got a tag that goes on a necklace. But I'm crafty and made me a charm bracelet and put it on the charm bracelet. It's the biggest charm and I only have 5 (including the tag) on the bracelet so it's hard to miss but still looks good on the bracelet

I have one and if I recall correctly there was once, maybe twice, that it was useful, so far.
once I was alone on the metro train and then woke up to the paramedics. I seem to recall him recognizing I had a seizure, at which point I started realizing, then started grunting, nodding, or something, and pointing to my tag.

It has my name and 'epilepsy' on it and emergency number

I wear a medic alert bracelet which is registered through the Australian Medic Alert Foundation. The medic alert foundation have a list of my meds, my neurologists phone number & my parents phone number on record.
I also wear a MedicAlert bracelet that lists my conditions and my emergency # on the back. I also have a MedicAlert card in my wallet that list all medications + phone #'s of doctors and my contacts. I've had seizures in public several times and the bracelet has helped tremendously.

MedicAlert has worldwide locations:
http://www.medicalert.org/about/worldwide-locations

I also have a Medic Alert bracelet. They also have a way to put your number and the medic alert info as the wallpaper on your iPhone. It is bright red and is the wallpaper that is visible to anyone who tries to activate my phone.

I use to have one years ago. I have been thinking about getting another since my seizure have returned.

I use to have one years ago. I have been thinking about getting another since my seizure have returned.

Good idea to get another one since seizures are back.

I just got a Medic Alert bracelet. This stemmed from falling on a public street with no identification on me. Although I got myself up somehow and back to my office, still the EMTs came, ER, all of that. Had I not been able to get myself back, I'm unable to talk during a seizure and I'm tired of paying for tox screens - although they run them sometimes anyway. I'm also tired of being dragged to the ER, but at least they'll know what's going on. I have little memory of falling and getting back to my office but still have the pain of the broken thumb and now have a frozen shoulder from it. On the back of the bracelet is engraved "Partial Complex Seizure Disorder" and "Latex Allergy" I don't even remember asking them to engrave that? Maybe they decided that was important. Or maybe I had a seizure while I was signing up? :) Anyway, for me, it feels very important and the fact that they were having a Mother's Day sale didn't hurt. ;) I had been meaning to get it and was reading about them on this forum.

Well I have first aid for ep card and a card with details off the eo society but think bra elet will be better as most people eont go n peoples purses

I wore on for a while but then started to forget to put it on so now its like i don't have one at all. Can't even remember where it is.

I wear a medical bracelet but it is not registered with medic alert. It has my name and details on it and I wear it on my left wrist because that is the wrist they check for pulse etc. I don't get tonic clonics but should that situation arise, then I will probably register. Mine just says epilepsy and chronic asthma.

I still need to get one, but I don't have the money and pretty sure Title 19 won't cover it.

Back
Top Bottom