Medical Marijuana

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I want to hear opinions and stories about people that have and havent used marijuana as a medical relieve Why have you, and why havent you? let me know it all however Recreational use is a totally different topic and I will leave my opinion out and I also ask politely that everyone else do the same. If you would like to share opinions with me PM me but i will not be bringing that topic into this thread. It is MEDICAL use only.

I am an avid medical marijuana patient. I am fully legal and honestly do it both medically and recreational. I still hold a full time job AND I am a part time college student. I have had petit mal seizures since I was 6 years,(im 23 now..17 years )but was only diagnosed almost a year ago. My seizures get worse when I am stressed, so smoking helps me relax...so im not stressed(go figure!). Smoking is a personal preference, just like taking drugs prescribed by a doctor is optional. No one is forcing anyone to do or not to do either one of them.I smoke because taking epilepsy medicine (which does help my seizuires) has side effects just like any other medicine. Mairjuana helps my body be able to go through the side effects. Yes yes I know, why don't you find a medicine that doesnt give you side effects? Ok cool ill try that...but do you realize how bad it is for your body to keep changing drugs after such a short period of time..or hell even a long period of time? Not all drugs work together (ex: taking lamictal after valproic acid is not recommend)
Medical marijuana should be legalized because it a personal choice. If i have to live with epilepsy I want to be able to medicate myself the way I wanna medicate. Just like any OTC drug or prescribed drug there should be limits and laws on who, when and how they can get it. It should be seen as a medicine.

Ok i think im done ranting for the night. I hope this thread doesn't offend anyone because that was not my intention at all. I just would like to hear others opinions and maybe find some people who are in the same boat I am.

I'm locking this thread. Everything the OP is asking is being discussed in the other thread and that thread will stay open for further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom