medical marijuana in new york

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm a little confused on this topic at present. I used to think "no way," but as of Sunday, when I viewed CNN's special, I'm more open minded.

There was a documentary Sunday on CNN called "Weed." It was on medical marijuana, its pros, and its cons. Towards the end of the show there was quite a bit on research being done in other countries, especially Israel.

They highlighted a little 5 year old girl who was having 300 seizures a week. No seizure medicine was controlling it and she was living in a comatose state. Her parents tried her on a Marijuana tincture and now she's down to 1 seizure a week, and living a happy, normal life. The Marijuana she was given was very low in THC and very high in CBD. CBD is the active ingredient the parents (and others) believed were halting her seizures. This could be very challenging to find in states other than those who have legal medical marijuana dispensaries.

Here's a link to the full episode of the Weeds documentary:

Here's a link to Dr. Sanjay Gupta's website:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-marijuana

I think more people need to see this, especially as it relates to epilepsy and seizures. I'll repost the info in "News."

Last edited:
YES. I think this is the same situation. I myself am interested in what it would be like to have the very low level of THC so you do not get high but it is loaded with the healing properties of the drug to stop seizures... I found it here;http://themetapicture.com/this-is-charlotte/

Sanjay Gupta's show "Weed" is on again this week-end on CNN.

Thank you Cint, I know something of that show. But I do not have TV. at all. Sometimes online shows are fun but it's well past their prime.

Back
Top Bottom