Meds and Exercise

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Funny but that still doesn't answer my question...I'd like a serious answer this time please...thank you

I guess it was one of those questions that cannot be answered directly but requires actual evaluation...in this case...external observation

Though I do know the mind can be capable of some unpredictable things...especially an epileptic one...

A blinding light envelopes me...

I close my eyes...
I seize all control...
I let the whirlwind take me away...
I see my entire life flashing before my eyes...

Last edited:
Well, most of mine are simple partial, so I am aware. I've only had a couple of T/C seizures (as far as I am aware!) They were both in public places, so I woke up on an ambulance both times. Some people say something about biting their tongue... I don't think I've done that before. Also, I guess... being completely dazed... I can tell you I couldn't name the president or anything when I was being wheeled onto an ambulance, so I figure it would be the same thing otherwise...

Yeah but how do you know if it's actually a seizure happening and not something else???

Maybe I am having a seizure right now trying to understand this or maybe consciousness is one big seizure???

I mean there are so many different types of seizures and so many different possibilities...things start to get really confusing after a while...especially if you're having a seizure

Absolutely nothing...it was just my opinion...you can do as you wish...if you believe something is working for you then great...more power to you! I take my own share of supplements but my main focus is on my diet...

but if you want actual scientific facts it has been proven that most multi-vitamins will not absorb entirely into the bloodstream because of the bombarding delivery method and any unabsorbed vitamins will simply be expelled through ones urine...thus you are pissing money away...literally...but don't take my word for it...do your own research...prove me wrong...

I just prefer eating good nutritious food rather than relying mostly on supplements...you can never be too careful with these supplement companies...listen to your body...you'll know if something is actually working or not...even if it's just a sugar pill :)

I always want facts... and any extra info derived from individual experiences too. That's why I ask questions... Also, you sounded like you might know something about multi vitamin supplements I didn't know.

I get the absorption issues, but the problem for me becomes with taking all the AEDs I have to take throughout the day, and knowing that you can't take certain supplements with certain drugs, and that you have to space out amounts of supplements to increase absorption that I run out of hours in the day what with working and living to get everything done. The multi helps out in that way..

I always want facts... and any extra info derived from individual experiences too. That's why I ask questions... Also, you sounded like you might know something about multi vitamin supplements I didn't know.

I get the absorption issues, but the problem for me becomes with taking all the AEDs I have to take throughout the day, and knowing that you can't take certain supplements with certain drugs, and that you have to space out amounts of supplements to increase absorption that I run out of hours in the day what with working and living to get everything done. The multi helps out in that way..

Well I'm no "Mr. Knowitall" here...in fact I may be totally "incorrect"...but based on what I've researched multi vitamins just aren't worth the investment...it's better to get a good idea of what your body really needs and try to get as much as those nutrients into your body with food and/or individual vitamins/supplements...not ones that have like some crazy amount/number all smashed into one...including a bunch of extra things you don't really need...

Also be careful of synthetic vitamins...usually something that says "Acetate" stay away from...you want REAL vitamins...not fake ones made from nail polish remover...

I just went down to VitaminWorld (BOO GNC!!!) to try out their Fish Oil...I had been trying various brands from Target but I've heard good things about these so I thought I'd give em a try :)

Last edited:
In my latest resurgence of seizures I suspect I may have had a TC or two in my sleep--I didn't bite my tongue this time but woke up with a raging headache and feeling incredibly fatigued and out of sorts a couple of mornings, during a time when my seizure activity was at an all-time high. But I sleep alone so really who knows. All of my bigger seizures are in my sleep, I only have SPs during the day so it would be hard to know for sure if I didn't chomp my tongue. Too bad they haven't developed an "EEG band" or some device that we could buy and track our own activity 24/7!!

Back
Top Bottom