Memory getting worse... or??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Something happened today that I don't think has happened to me before (except before I had a T/C seizure). I had a conversation with someone and I could NOT remember if I had it or not. I had to ask him if I had brought something up to him. I still can't remember when we had the conversation, or anything about it. I vaguely remember telling him about an appointment (I needed a ride on Monday). I'm also super tired and was feeling dizzy/out of it/weird earlier. I increased my dosage of Celexa by half a tablet (10 mg), but I don't know if that would cause this? Or my medications? That kinda freaked me out though...Everything is super hazy from that short period of time. Has anyone else had these type of side effects from medications? Or is that what a complex partial feels like?

I took Celexa for probably 6 years and I would have some weird feelings. They say anti-depressants decrease the seizure threshold. So going up might have made your brain a little foggy.

I don't know if this helps, but when my seizures were at their worst. My memory was awful. I would have a conversation, and I would call that person, only to realize I just talked to them. Pretty freaky feeling, but I wasn't on celexa or any other drugs at that time. I would monitor your celexa, if you keep feeling weird on that dose, you might want to go back down. I would talk to your doctor before changing any meds. The drug side affects are so odd who even knows. Best wishes for you to get better!

I

I don't know if this helps, but when my seizures were at their worst. My memory was awful. I would have a conversation, and I would call that person, only to realize I just talked to them. Pretty freaky feeling, but I wasn't on celexa or any other drugs at that time. I would monitor your celexa, if you keep feeling weird on that dose, you might want to go back down. I would talk to your doctor before changing any meds. The drug side affects are so odd who even knows. Best wishes for you to get better!

Yep that sounds about right! I had to ask him if I had all ready told him because my mind was blank. I have heard the same thing about the seizure threshold thing. I'll just watch I guess!

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, your body will always tell you whats up. It could just be a momentary thing, best of luck. Hopefully you can reach the maximum dose eventually, it can really help the mind stay chill.

Thanks! I hope so. My brain is super foggy today. And I slept twelve hours last night... I fell asleep before nine and had to struggle to stay awake that late, and then the only reason I woke up at eight this morning was because my alarm went off. I have also had a few deja vu experiences this morning. Agh. The ONLY thing different is 10 extra mg of Celexa, which I only started yesterday (that memory episode was before I had even taken it). Oh, and I changed my Keppra from night time to morning because I think it was interrupting my sleep (incidentally, my sleep has been better that past couple of nights). Strangeness. I'm probably worrying about nothing though - it's probably just my body adjusting to a bunch of medicine changes. E is so strange because it really is all in your head... it's just hard to know what exactly is going on up there! :ponder:

Sorry I didn't get back to this right away. Yeah, I learned the patterns of celexa really well when I was younger. I would surely expect some odd stuff with it at first, but it seems to be the most popular anti-depressant. It used to help me sleep so well, once you get used to it. I took it at night though. Hopefully it can at least get you some awesome sleep.

Back
Top Bottom