Mood Swings

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

aboizd1

Pillar
Reaction score
In the past month or so I've noticed myself becoming increasingly moody. I use to be able to be calm and not even blink when people made jokes or something. I also use to be able to keep up with my papers and work schedule without freaking out. NOW...is a different story.

I am continuely arguing with my boyfriend about things that I bring up..and often its things that are stupid, things that are jokes...or wouldn't bother me before...I have had moments crying because I'm stressed (but I have nothing to do!) so I'm not sure why I'm like this...I've told my boyfriend I think it's the meds making me like this...but I'm really just hoping thats it....

It has seemingly just progressed to high-low mood swings. Never like this before meds, was ok until now, and then WHAM...

This kind of thing happens to me all the time. When I'm feeling well, no seizures, I'm a very calm person and nearly impossible to upset. When I'm having medical problems, I become a horrible bitch, picking fights for no reason, being paranoid, and finding everyone so intolerable I spend a lot of my time with my head down fuming. I've just taken to apologizing when I can and explaining what the problem is, and begging people not to take offense if I seem rude or nasty. Not everyone can stay calm and rationalize that there's something wrong with me if I'm being a bitch, but some can, and it helps. Since this is new behavior for you, maybe it would help to talk to your doctor.

Thank you for your honest reply :) this is most definitly how I feel..glad someone else can relate!

I get real irritable sometimes, I can't even stand to be around myself

Back
Top Bottom