my head feels weird

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
anyone ever get up in the morning and feel spacy, have fuzzy feeling in your head & slight headache..?

I havent went in for the blood test the neuro ordered because no time or money right now... after we get all moved ill go.... also, Im having problems studdering & memory recall cant remember the names of things like tv stand was that thing which comes out a lot lately im starting to feel really stupid...since ive been on Carbamazepine (Tegretol but its not suppose to have that effect... I feel like crap ola! they all were laughing at me movers & husband all in good humar but it hurt my feelings because i was really trying to get the words out right.....:ponder: i guess i do sound funny now :ponder:still it kinda hurt my feelings a lil...& keep having weird panic attacks...

anyone else have speach problems while taking Carbamazepine (Tegretol ?

Love,
angel

Sounds like you had a sz in your sleep

I know I've had the same thing happen to me

wondering if you can even have sps & cps in your sleep? I cant tell if its from the meds or something else..... I can say though that Ive been having weird spells lately that i cant really explain...

last night i woke up twice in the night... got out of bed then went back to bed I do remember going to the kitchen sink then going back to bed... weird.... i havent had all the test as most of you yet.... epileric, did you have trouble remembering what things are called before a seizure? thats what wa going on yesterday.. its like im losing memory..

love angel

I can say I've had partial szs in my sleep. Usually they wake me up but I've gotten up in the morning feeling like I'd had a sz but had no recollection of it

Recenly memory hasn't been that great. It seems like I tend to forget certain words. I know theres a word I forgot (it's what someone does when they make business connections) & I someone told me what it was but I seem to have a block on it. This has happened with a few words but eventually it seems to come back to me & I haven't seen a relation the the seizures yet. It might be the Tegretol (& I'm just tapering off of Mysoline).

I don't usually have problems remembering things before a sz. If anything it's afterwards that my memory seems to be affected but to varying degrees depending on the strength of the sz.

Angel is someone going to be around you today?

I think you should make sure you aren't alone just in case.

If it's the meds...get to the doc...get him to talk to you about options.

If it's something else, go to the doc...get him make an analysis and to talk to you about options!

If it's a 'bad piece of fruit' you ate last night (which I don't believe it is)...someone should help you through it since your threshold is most likely LOW!

Be Careful!
Spencer

Hiya Angel,
I'm still very new to all of this.
My head feels very strange at the moment and I can't explain exactly what's going on. My head feels heavy and strange and I get headaches and I'm very forgetful, can't remember lots of things from the past and my short term memory is bad also. I know how you feel, it's horrible and it's getting me down. My doctor has put me on a course of antidepressants because the whole thing is getting me down and I'm fed up of feeling constantly knacked. Does it make you feel very tired??
Look after yourself, bye for now.
Dianne43

Connections here for me are... you began a new medication... now you feel different.
Are you off Keppra yet? You need to tell the doctor what is happening Angel. If you can't reach him I personally would back down a dose and wait until you hear from him. Your seizures don't sound as bad as what is happening to you at the moment.

When Rebecca started this drug, she had terrible vision loss. We also had some very strange behavior. I didn't know at the time what type of side effects could happen with these drugs. I really thought they were wonder meds. Be very careful taking them.
Maybe you increased too darn fast, and the other drug isn't out of your system yet. Our doctor said the med would be out of the system in 4 days. I beg to differ.. I believe it took around a month to rid the body of the symptoms.

I to think its the meds.... it has to be... Or im having some weird seizures

im tired from moving stuff we just got home and havent unloaded that u haul yet.

my husband has been keeping pretty close tabs so if something does happen hes right there,, unless im sleeping i guess i should sleep in the bed tonight hes up on the pc just about all night so i sleep on the couch. husbans says its from the stress he thinks but we are going to talk to the neuro asap after move and kids are situated in the rigt school... its like my brain keeps skipping lol my kids tell me i need to dye my hair bloned.. i think ive been off keppra 5 days and am only taking 600mg gen tegretol 300 am 300pm Im feeling pretty weird tho..... its not my norm at all have energy but brains messing up like spacy one min cant hardly think to even speak the next its weird..... i really feel bad and dont want to bother my neuro again with more crap....

I still hae to go have the blood test done as soon as i can i was to go on the 25th.... but we are moving.... one more load tomorrow... blah... my husband has to much stuf >;/

thanks for the advice
love,
angel

Last edited:
Keppra gave me a very weird feeling too. Both when I started it & went off of it. The best way to describe it is that I felt uncentered & "not myself". The "brain skipping" happened to me too. It wasn't fun but I think part of the side-effects was that I felt worse about it & got more frustrated than I normally would have so don't beat yourself up for it like I did.

I had a lot of emotional side-effects too, even though I thought I was normal friends told me I was moody & grumpy before I felt it so be aware of your emotions too.

Meanwhile keep us updated on the blood test & good luck moving.

anyone ever get up in the morning and feel spacy, have fuzzy feeling in your head & slight headache..?

I havent went in for the blood test the neuro ordered because no time or money right now... after we get all moved ill go.... also, Im having problems studdering & memory recall cant remember the names of things like tv stand was that thing which comes out a lot lately im starting to feel really stupid...since ive been on Carbamazepine (Tegretol but its not suppose to have that effect... I feel like crap ola! they all were laughing at me movers & husband all in good humar but it hurt my feelings because i was really trying to get the words out right.....:ponder: i guess i do sound funny now :ponder:still it kinda hurt my feelings a lil...& keep having weird panic attacks...

anyone else have speach problems while taking Carbamazepine (Tegretol ?

Love,
angel

Angel:

Tegretol & Trileptal (It's sister med)
both are on my AED allergy list: what
you have listed were some of the bad
side effects I sustained; but I had
more than that. It was too freaky of
medications for me! Far too freaky.

And what you are experiencing - I
would state what I used to say "beside
myself", because that's what those
medications did - put me beside myself!
I wasn't me.

I'd rather date Freddy Kruger or Jason
than to take Tegretol or Trileptal again!

ARRRRRGHHHHHHH!

My dad took me to the heart center( which is the new lab) I should find out the test results today... the lab tech who drew my blood acted annoyed with my neuro she said he should have had me tested for UA also... because of kidneys and this drug... i should find out my drug levels & white blood count + liver test

Im going to be calling my neuro later.

love angel

Sorry to hear that you're going through all of that on top of a move at the same time. Moving can be incredibly stressful. Not only is it physically draining, but psychologically too. Try to take is easy when you can.

T's Dad

well, I talked to the neuros assistant yesterday. They want me to do another blood test at 4:00pm an hour before i take my meds. my first blood test was fine. right where they wanted it to be 8.6 med levels or something like that . anyways he told her to tell me that if my levels are normal at the time of 2nd test then hes pretty sure its a drug reaction the brain skipping thing.... if they are not level at around 4 pm then he wants me to try taking the med 3x a day instead of two...

he told her that he can try one more drug... that i can afford. what happens if you refuse to take anymore drugs i wonder?

my husband talked to her and told her i was having staring spells sleared speach and amnesia he sais it happend really fast then i would just go about my business like nothing happend...I remember jumbled speach

Last edited:
If you refuse treatment with medication? Possibly. It depends on where you live. I live in California, which is a mandatory report state. If my neuro knows I'm having seizures, and I refuse medication, then yeah, he can yank the DL.

I live in oregon and i just read reporting to dmv and yup they would take my drivers licens.... so ill try the other drug if i have to...

I just wonder why they change meds so quick all the time because i feel fine except for the weird stuff that was go's on some times.....

like last night i was cooking a pizza "my husband was going to die of hunger "and some how it fell in the bottom of the oven blah... I dont know what happend.(except i was trying to cook it fast so he could eat) anyways next thing i know im pulling a burning pizza which was on fire out of the oven threw it in the sink... i burnt my fingers a little put out the fire in the sink... I dont see that as a seizure as it could have happend to anyone..... husband was upset because his pizza was burnt lol he was mad and said you need OFF THOSE DAMN MEDS!

I made another one told him hed better eat it... OR ELSE! hehe he upset me & usually when i get upset i shut down.... then he keeps asking me whats wrong... if i tell him what im thinking he doesnt want to even hear it.... Ill shut up, im just a little annoyed at him right now... Like i told him to give back the 2007 mustang hes paying like 800 a month for yet i had to drop med insurance..... + a new 4 runner i told him to save us money we need to buy some used cars.. that would save us about 1700 a month or something like that . grrr lol he says hes not ready to give up his mustang.... " fine then" I may lose my dl because of all this..... he says you already cant drive...( but he wants me to keep driving) he just isnt understanding or hes just messing with my head.....:soap: and no i dont want sympathy i just need to vent:) it helps me ....

venting:rock:

angel

Last edited:
LOL....trust me....I understand the need to vent.....any married person does. :) My husband's major flaw is that he's impatient. He needs everything done 15 minutes ago. :) And don't stand between him and food. Or at least food he likes. (picky eater) The joys of marriage. :) Hee Hee

lol..... nor should you bet between a man and his Mustang GT lol

well, my blood test all fine... the neuro's not sure yet if its a reaction he thinks it might be.... so they want me to take 200mg am 200mg afternoon 200mg at night so i started this yesterday.... today i have a really light itchy rach on my neck and other places & fore arm....

I give up! :(

I think you need to let the neuro know that you have the rash. It might be a reaction. ...What my hubby would give for a Mustang...I won't let him lease one becuase of our bills. :) Luckily, he can be reasoned with. :)

It could possibly be your medication, but there are other things besides meds and having epilepsy that could cause you to wake up feeling like that.

I woke up feeling odd head sensations for several years with lots of headaches, always waking up fatigued and not feeling right, had lots of tremors and some myoclonic jerks. It took several years to figure it out, but I found out those morning sensations were caused from fibromyalgia and had nothing to do with the epilepsy.

If you still wake up every morning feeling strange, headachy, and fatigued, fibro could be a possibility, or possible thyroid problems. Hope you get it figured out and are feeling better soon.

Back
Top Bottom