My multi-day EEG looming

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The_Bob

New
Reaction score
Like several other members on this board, I too will have a multi-day EEG very soon.

I am going take CQ:)'s advice and bring a lot of things to keep my mind occupied. I am going bring my lap top, a stack of Sudoku mags and a big zip-lock bag of rubber bands. The rubber bands are for entertaining the reptilian part of my brain and to motivate nurses.

I have mixed feelings about the test. I have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder, not epilepsy. I am seeing and smelling auras at least twice a week, but I have not had a T/C for about two months.

Good luck with the EEG Bob.

Are the rubber bands to fling at people who annoy you :pfft:?

Good luck! It will be boring and your butt will be sore from having to sit on it the whole time, but I hope you get the results that you want :)

Like several other members on this board, I too will have a multi-day EEG very soon.

I have mixed feelings about the test. I have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder, not epilepsy. I am seeing and smelling auras at least twice a week, but I have not had a T/C for about two months.

It's great to hear that you've not had a T/C for a few months. But anyway, seizure disorder(s) and epilepsy are one in the same. Seizure Disorder is just a new, gently way of saying it. Some folks don't like hearing E.

seizure disorder(s) and epilepsy are one in the same. Seizure Disorder is just a new, gently way of saying it. Some folks don't like hearing E.

One in the same, very true. Actually in all honesty I would have a harder time saying I had a seizure disorder than Epilepsy. At least this way it has its own identity and one can move forward with specifics.
Hopefully they find what they're looking for on your EEG and then can diagnose properly. GOOD LUCK!!

Best of luck and I hope they can help you move forward with your life. It's a really annoying thing to go through. As for shooting the nurses/doctors with rubber bands, may your aim be true!

Best of luck and I hope they can help you move forward with your life. It's a really annoying thing to go through. As for shooting the nurses/doctors with rubber bands, may your aim be true!

haha, is this a thing? maybe I should be taking a few bands in when I go!
Oh man I hope they make the stay as pleasant as can be. Mind you, stress me out, that will prod the partials to come!

Good luck! It will be boring and your butt will be sore from having to sit on it the whole time, but I hope you get the results that you want :)

Ohhhh dang it! I hate being board.

I can just imagine myself running for a nurse as she is exiting the room an me being jerked back just like a dog that has found the end of his chain.

Happy Monday Bob,
Are you in the unit yet? You said it was soon so not sure if you are already but if so GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana:

Good luck to you Bob! We thought the nurses at the Cleveland Clinic were wonderful (our first time in their EMU) and we wouldn't have wanted to fling rubber bands at any of them. I hope you get really good nurses too!

Good luck! I'll be reading your reports! I have one looming in my future too.

Back
Top Bottom