Neuro Hat

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mr. Pibb

New
Reaction score
Question to all out there using the NFB system doesn't matter the brand. With the number of electrodes that get placed/ pasted to the scalp and then having to be in a specific spot time after time has anyone developed or devised a hat that is customized for the patient?

Reason for the question if a hat were made to work so that it could be used as a in home unit or of in the office as a time saving unit. I have had EEG's and vEEG's and the part that is a pain litterally is being priked with the blunt end of a neddle so thatt they can put the saline solution in the electrode for a good conection.

If that could be avoided I'm game. anyone know what the margin of error in placement for an electrode is?

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not 100% sure, but...

I think the need for the skin pricking is to get real good contact with the skull. I'd be surprised if a 'hat' would get as good of a contact, but hey!...technology is rolling on!
:rock:

I don't believe Rebecca has ever been pricked by a needle. I know for NFB she certainly has never had any discomfort. During the VEEG, the "glue" was a lot stronger and was not completely cleaned by the technician post test, but it didn't hurt her. Just meant that she needed a shower.

Back
Top Bottom