neuro increased a med when I said NO

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
When I last saw my neuro he talked of increasing the onfi to 10MG twice a day I said no. I said I'm drugged up enough so he said he'd increase it to 5MG twice a day. I just found out from my pharmacist since they just stopped making the 5MG he increased to 10MG. we had decided I'd break the pill into.

When I told him I was drugged up enough he agreed I was drugged up.
I'm calling his office tomorrow morning .He usually returns calls same day.
His secretary not to great about giving messages sometime though.

He had a med student in office when I saw him.And this is enough to make me change docs if we don't get this straightened out.:twocents::agree:

Belinda

You do not have to comply with doc's orders. My neuro prescribed a higher dose of Potiga that I can't tolerate. I refuse to take the high dose, but I do take the lower dosage. My head and stomach cannot tolerate any more drugs. I'm on a high dose of Keppra along with some Topomax. That's enough drugs, for me too.

I wasn't planning on it. He's getting a call from me tomorrow about it.
I'm on Tegretol 200MG x3 Topamax 200x2 Clonzepam.5 x1 Onfi won't increase. Phenobarb 90MG bed

My doctor and I had a long discussion before putting me on my Vimpat. It took time and convincing before I gave him the OK. It works great.

Hopefully you can get that straightened out. My doctor remembers that I'm in charge and if he wasn't as respectful there would be a problem. He is a great doctor, though.

My doctor uses a great messenger system. The assistant I talk to will message him and he gets to it when he can. That way, he messages the assistant back and they will call me ASAP. I like it and it takes care of things quickly with minimal time on the phone.

I'm going tomorrow morning at 11 to see my dr about tapering off Keppra. Have not had a seizure since 2008. Curious to see what he will tell me.
Wish me luck.
M

Back
Top Bottom