neurological movement disorder & epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
I have a movement disorder called Spasmodic torticollis (cervical dystonia) does anyone else suffer from a movement disorder and epilepsy? The keppra seemed to be helping both but now for some reason the cd in my neck is starting to hurt again head is pulling to one side and muscles are again starting to twist pull between shoulder blades it hurts like hell .. botox i can no longer afford.... if so what other meds have you tried for movement disorders? Ive upped my clonazepam to 1mg.... its not helping.....

As reported here before.. perhaps Yoga, or Tai Chi, or Pilates. There are other back exercises, but I am forgetting their names.

All seem worth trying. I bet you could find a video at the library or video rental store.

As reported here before.. perhaps Yoga, or Tai Chi, or Pilates. There are other back exercises, but I am forgetting their names.

All seem worth trying. I bet you could find a video at the library or video rental store.

I did some stretching exercises...husband gave me a massage... i also called the doctor neuro to see what else might help other than klonopin it seems to not be working anymore, trust me i try everything because the pain is just to much sometimes.....except for deep brain stimulation and brain surgery i think i want to wait on those things.... sleep helps so im going to go to the couch and watch tv .... at this point a sledge hammer to my neck and upper back would feel pretty good jk its not really back pain robin its twisting neck and upper back arm muscles pulling on my spine( spine tug of war)

Last edited:
just tallked to my neurology office the doctors going to put me on Lyrica or something that stats with a T for the pain..... i see him on jan 3, thank god..... this hurts im a wimp now because i have been in some kind of remission until about 4 days ago....

Last edited:
just tallked to my neurology office the doctors going to put me on Lyrica or something that stats with a T for the pain..... i see him on jan 3, thank god..... this hurts im a wimp now because i have been in some kind of remission until about 4 days ago....
he put me on Tramadol just until i can get in to see him....

Back
Top Bottom