NeuroPace RNS

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Topcat,

Thank you for this info. I am going to look into it more and speak with my neurosurgeon to see if he's doing this form of surgery and if he is I may have it done if he thinks it is going to be safe. Thanks again and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

My neurologist has suggested I have this done, too. She suggested I have a MRI, which I did, to see if my seizures were still originating from the same place. But now they sometimes spread throughout my brain, but not like they once were. So for me at my age (60 years young), it isn't worth the time and worry, since I've already had a LTL and now have the VNS, too. I don't need another foreign object inside me, especially in my head. And no one is cutting my head open again unless I am dead!

The rep. said the patient can also have a VNS (I have a VNS). along with this RNS.

By the way what's an LTL? Lobectomy?

Last edited:
Hi Topcat,

I think LTL means Left Temporal lobe but I'm not 100% sure. Have a good week.
I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

My previous dr had suggested this, and it sounded intriguing, especially since I have no warning of an upcoming seizure and it could help cut them down with no-one around to use a magnet as it's needed with the VNS. But having surgery again is something that I will only do if it's absolutely necessary.

I spoke with my epileptologist about it two days ago.
She's located at Rush Univ. in Chicago. I guess Rush did some of the clinical trials.
She said it was a better treatment option(higher success rate) than an option to eliminate
seizures. She suggested I have an RTL instead.

Back
Top Bottom