New Blood Test Results and Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

No Shame

New
Reaction score
I had a positive "screen" for Lyme Disease today. So many of my symptoms fall in line with whole body infection of this invasive bacteria...and guess what it also causes abnormal brain waves, seizures, legs giving out, impaired memory, speech, vertigo, heart palps, and severe exhaustion. I felt like i have had the flu for 2 years, along with seizures. Maybe this is the cause. I need to have something called the Western Blot analysis done on my blood work before it can be confirmed. In Minnesota, we have lots of ticks, woodticks (common) but deer ticks are less common and carry the bacteria. I am one of the lucky ones, to have a positive show up on the screen...many people don't and have to literally be hospitalized before they get the more accurate Lyme's test done (Western Blot) and someone recently said to me--the testing would be better if Lyme Disease caused erectile dysfunction :roflmao:

I mean to say too that Lyme Disease (or any spirochete bacteria infection) has about similar test results as the EEG and EP diagnosis (you may or may not have it and the test can be negative, and yet could still have it). I am still stuck.

Back
Top Bottom