New medicine ( ONFI )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Athena22

New
Reaction score
I;m currently taking this medication called Onfi. I'm taking it with a my Vim-pat with Vim-pat being a larger dose and Topamax being taken twice as often at night. (I might have misspelled. ) I'm taking this new one to get off the vim-pat since its not working for me or something? Which I'm sort of glad that I'm getting off because it's a pretty high co-pay. Plus of course I want to get better with my health!
Anyway's my question is, has anyone ever had any experience with Onfi in the past I'm not sure if its a generic name.
Has anyone every tried this medicine before? Or been on it for a short time? Are thier any side effects? How did it effect you personally...

Last edited:
I've been on all three of those at one point. All of them have side effects, Topomax being the worst of those. Vimpat wasn't too bad. It only caused a rash on me. But when I was taking Onfi it was a doozy. I should say dozey. Because Onfi side effects
made me like a narcoleptic. I would take it, and in less than 20-30 minutes I'd be passed out on my couch. All AEDS cause drowsiness, but Onfi was the worst.
It was such a problem I had to come off of it. Other than that, I didn't feel any other side effects from it.

Last edited:
Clobazam did nothing for my seizures but also no side effects in terms of sleepiness. However, it did cause severe urine retention. All drugs from this family I've tried seem do this to me.

It was Onfi I was on and what it did to me was increase my seizures like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom