New to Simple Partial Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi beanogirl,

I'm glad you found this forum, and you will be too.

I am 59 years old and I too have simple partials. In my 40 years since diagnosed w/E. I have learned more here than at any Dr.

My deja vu USED to be very intense, I would stare straight ahead (stop talking) and everthing would seems like I would have seen it before. I would smack my lips and swallow hard for several times and had move my hands like a clawfish (my husband tells me)
I knew where I am was, who was talking, what they said, but I could not respond.

When I came out of it, I would tell my husband evething that just took place.

I did not realise we had triggers until I was in this forum and this is important to know. and the seizure dairy also.

If you go into all the diff. forum I hope you will find inform. that will help you too.

You take care of yourself so that you can take care of those wonderful children. There are several other mothers in here.

I'm sorry I just seen this post now. My deja vu starts with racing thoughts, I get a vision in my head (like watching a tv show) of a large group of people all talking at once. When I thought it was anxiety related I thought the "vision" was a memory of something that made me anxious and if I could just figure out what it was that I could stop the feeling. After the vision I get tingling feeling all through my body, my stomach feels upset and I smell something (can't put my finger on it but its not a good smell). I hope this helps. I remember when I first looked up my anxiety symptoms to talk to my doctor about it and came across simple parital seizures. Never in a million years did I think what I was experiencing was a seizure.

Back
Top Bottom