New trigger?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ACMommyX3

New
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I have a question. Is it possible to get a new trigger? I was in aldis today with my boyfriend and daughter. I started getting really dizzy and lightheaded. I had to breathe through it so I didn't pass out. I let my boyfriend know the lights were bothering me so he kept an eye on me while we finished shopping. Flickering is an issue for me, but none of the lights were flickering. However they were flourescent lights, but they have never bothered me before. So could it be a new trigger?

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Lots of things could be triggers. Did you get enough sleep? How is the stress level in your life? Are your hormones ok? Make sure all this is on track and check with your dr.

Well I'm 8.5 months pregnant so my hormones are a little funny. I got plenty of sleep and haven't been too stressed.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Triggers can definitely change over time, esp. if your seizures aren't fully controlled. And as Cint mentions, other health issues can make your seizure threshold can go up and down. Fluctuating hormones can definitely be a factor, esp. the higher estrogen levels that occur during pregnancy. Are you on a seizure med? If it's Lamictal, then the estrogen could be clearing it from your system too rapidly.

Only a few weeks to go for you! Good luck, be well. :)

Back
Top Bottom