New-Would like some information

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

julia1963

New
Reaction score
My son Joseph had 4 seizures last year that I could tell or knew what they were. He had a EEG and they said there was seizure activity on both side of his brain? They names it complex focal/partial epilepsy. I am not sure if the right wording was this, but that he had a higher than 90% chance this would happen again. After reading all the information given to me about seizures I am more than sure he has had others just not what I call major. After seeing his neuro. last week I have been keeping a journal of events that concern me and I am to call he on the 30th to talk or meet if I have a chance to video anything. After that she wants to schedual a 4-7 day video EEG.
Questions are what is the difference between dystonia movements and myoclonic jerks? He also had a strange thing happen at school yesterday. They called me and I went and picked him up. They said he was doing work and jerked could not get his attention and then white stuff was coming out of his mouth. After that he cried and threw up a little water. Should this be some thing added to the journal? We have lots of staring events and lots of jerking of mostly the left leg some times the arms or whole body jerks off an on every few minutes. Last night he was sleeping and it lasted from 10:30 till about 12:30/1am. The other day the another strange thing happened. He was smacking his lips together loud, but it seemed to only be on his left side of mouth. Maybe 6-8 times in a row.

I am sorry for the long post this is all so new to me. Joseph is 10 years old with dystonic spactic quad cp. I am wondering if what I thought was dystonia was seizure activity. Thank you for all your help. Julia

Back
Top Bottom