[NEWS] 5 things You Need to Know About Epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I agree with all but one. There's a lot of epilepsy research if so they sure don't help anyone who's refractory meaning myself.

Myself as well, Belinda. I was blessed to have the surgery once, but the misfortune of falling in to the 20% chance of them coming back. Once again blessed to have surgery as I was still refractory. I DO believe that lots of research is being done, with what resources they have. Epilepsy is one of the most misunderstood conditions, and with limited funding as it's not a 'sexy' condition like cancer. (PLEASE, don't anyone misunderstand me. --> No health condition is sexy; they're all horrible in their own way... it's that cancer research has a lot more funding, etc.)

It's certainly not because they don't *WANT* to help you. Just lots of learning still to be done.

Just my :twocents:

2, 3, and 4... goodness do I see this in my life. 5, interesting, but 1, hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom