Night Driving

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cinnabar

New
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the headlight lights, flickering here and there, could cause a seizure?

lol not for me, but being a passenger at night and a cop car, ambulance, fir truck, tow trucks, street sweepers, snow plows, etc will cause me to have one if it's dark out and my attention is brought to the lights flashing

It's good to know someone isn't ultra sensitive. This evening the headlights were especially difficult to deal with. To make out. Any sense of them.

For those

that are photosensitive, they can though........

I don't know about night driving, but I live on the main route the ambulances use to get to the hospital, and I've had to put up blackout blinds in every window on that side of the house because when it gets dark and the ambulances go past, it makes me have a seizure, so I can imagine it would be worse if you were moving as well. My Nan has a massive problem with the railings on a bridge near her house, when my grandad drives over the bridge, he has to go no faster than 5mph because the way the railings appear to 'flicker' when he goes any faster than that brings on her seizures. I haven't been across that bridge since my epilepsy was diagnosed (she lives 650 miles away from me) but I'm not looking forward to crossing that bridge on a bus where I can't control the speed when I visit next year....

Night driving is becoming increasingly more difficult for me lately. I am sure that glasses might help, but all the lights are blending together. Especially when I am tired.
I do not have seizures, but I have noticed this more and more lately.
Sign of age I am guessing.

I am photosensitive and night driving is one thing I have given up. There are certain new model of cars and truck that have a strange glowing light that I just can't tolerate. The flashing lights from emergency vehicles always freak me out too. I hate the change of time as I have to hurry home before the dark sets in now. It is definitely a problem!

Robin, That's what it's like. Everything is a blur even when wearing glasses. Last night was my first time driving in the dark and I was in a bit of panic.

jg, I'm thinking of passing up driving in the evening. The lights caused me such anxiety and I wasn't even thinking about seizing. It was only when I got home when my partner said that I just should not be driving in the evening because of E.

Back
Top Bottom