A night on the town.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
A night on the town...for another MRI

Not exactly the night on the town that I was hoping for though... I have my second MRI tonight, well, tomorrow actually because it's at 1:15am. **yawn**

I had one done about 4 months ago, but it was at a different hospital, requested by a different neurologist. My current neurologist stated that he wanted one done at "MY hospital". I can only hope that this will help get things moving along a little bit, as he also wants me in the Monitoring unit, which I've been told is a 10-12 month wait.

I've had sleep-deprived EEGs done before, but is there any reason why I should, or should not take a tap at some point today before my appointment?
Thanks all :)

Last edited:
No need to be sleep-deprived before an MRI. It's looking for structural, rather than electrical information, so fatigue or lack thereof shouldn't be a factor. I hope it goes well?

Why is it at 1.15am then if its not sleep deprived, I spose to fit you in they do them at any time?

Yes, in Canada, wait times for things are so long because of the Government health care system. The MRIs run 24hours/day, so when you finally get an appointment, you take it and run!

I am extremely lucky to live in the UK, people often complain about it but atleast its fee, I would not know what I would do if it wasnt

I agree about the free part, ours is as well, but how are your wait times to see a neuro, or getting an MRI, or things like that?

I dont have a clue, I am seeing the doctor on thursday to discuss my blocked ears and the seizures that ive had and not told anyone about till I recently got more symptoms. I,ve read a couple of months. what do you do in the meantime if your just waiting to be diagnosed. Surely its dangerous to not know the full extent that could happen to me. I have been quite stupid not telling anyone but I didnt know what it was to egin with.

Here in UK its about 3-5 months to see a neurologist depending where you are ... At worse Ive waited 6 months :(
But im not going to get into that as like you said Cant moan its free :)
Im just waiting to see a new neurologist so i dunno how long that will take :(

Hope your Mri goes well

Yeah 6 months is about right where i am and was having regular seizures.Last time was almost a year,although my seizures were far better controlled by then.

What gets me though is my neuro said,we can think about reducing your meds in another year if you remain seizure free,but when i mention this to my gp.He looks at the neuro's letter and says,it doesn't mention that here.I dont know,it didn't make much difference i had a seizure a few months later,but hey you just got to get on with it.

Really? My time from seizing to neurology was 2 months. Maybe mine has too much time on her hands. Then again my doc was constantly on her back

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well 2ndchances, you could always sleep during your MRI! I always do. Not really sure why, but I am out like a light :)

Back
Top Bottom