Nioxin for Hair Loss?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with it for hair loss due to seizure meds? My uncle owns a beauty salon down in San Diego uses it and recommends it to customers, and I just bought some to try it, so I'm hoping it works! My hair is EVERYWHERE all the time. I think I sweep mostly hair at least twice a day.

Just curious if anyone else has used to counteract the hair loss due to AEDs and if it worked for you?

Haven't tried it. My hair was everywhere too when I first went on Lamictal ,but after a few months the hair loss stopped (or went back to a normal pace).

Hope it works for you!

Jon lost about half of his hair when on Depakote. But...he's a boy...so we didn't worry about it too much (liver damage and MDS side effects were more enthralling) -- just gave him a buzz cut.

His hair grew back when he was weaned off Depakote.

I'd recommend looking up side effects of Nioxin and if it has any interactions with any of the meds you're on (or maybe calling or emailing your neuro).

Nioxin is just a scalp treatment- they have shampoo, conditioner, and then the treatment that you rub into your scalp (kinda like oil or a moisturizimg.treatment), so I think I'm safe :)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Day One - Looking good!

Today is day one of using the Nioxin Shampoo (haven't bought the conditioner yet - it's all kinda pricey!) and I used the scalp treatment yesterday, and today after my shower. It's looking promising - only a few strands of hair showed up in the shower today! I had more than that when I brushed my hair, but I always had that anyway, as do most people!

I think I sweep mostly hair at least twice a day.

You sweep twice a day! Impressive.

My hairline is very slowly lossing ground in its war against my forehead.... but I think that is a genetic issue.

I once was told hair is like the elderly. It moves south as you age.... for men anyways.

Hahaha, yes I do sweep twice a day. Seeing as I'm not really working right now, I have far too much time to do things like sweep. This is why I could never be a house wife...

My uncle uses the Nioxin because of the whole fun of gravity :) He's somewhere in his sixties (I can't remember where exactly), but as a salon owner, he likes to keep his hair looking young!

Back
Top Bottom