No more helmet head!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Say good-bye to big, clunky helmets and say hello to a protective hat that’s good-looking too.

A friend of mine just introduced me to this innovative new product called the Humpty Hat. (An unfortunate name, I agree. Who wants to be reminded of Humpty Dumpty’s fall from the wall?)

Although it ostensibly looks like a simple winter cap — a cross linked polymeric foam insert cushions the skull and brain.

It’s designed so that the padding conforms to the various lobes of the brain, a feature known as “anatomic mapping”. The frontal, temporal, parietal, and occipital lobes of the brain and the overlying skull in these areas is protected by the specific placement of these foam pads.

Although it was created for winter sports such as skiing, there’s not much difference in the damage you can do falling down a slope or falling on the floor. Plus, it’s warm and comfy in the winter, light enough to roll up, stick in your pocket and take wherever you go.

It’s a neat option to consider. And you’ve got to admit, options (especially when they’re attractive) are GOOD!

For more information about the Humpty Hat, go to: http://www.humptyhat.com/aboutus.html

That is great!! I looked up the website. They are nice looking. For the summer, I would wear the neat looking hats that the professional bicylists wear.

I think the reason for the name "Humpty" is the poem: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, then he had a great fall. Humpty Dumpty had no protection at all. This gives us protecion.

That is great!! I looked up the website. They are nice looking. For the summer, I would wear the neat looking hats that the professional bicylists wear.

I think the reason for the name "Humpty" is the poem: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, then he had a great fall. Humpty Dumpty had no protection at all. This gives us protecion.

"Humpty Dumpty had no protection at all!" You're a poet and you don't even know it!

Back
Top Bottom