No Seizures for a week

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crazy Monkey

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
Something very interesting has just happened to me. I recently went on a business trip to South Korea, I travelled alone so I have no back up to this, but it honestly felt like I was seizure free for a week.

This is big for me as I have had hundreds of absences everyday since I was a small kid. Just as an example, today I was probably the wrong side of 1000. So for me to suddenly have zero is very strange.

As soon as I returned back to the UK they resumed. I have been puzzling it over in my head but it makes no sense. The only thing that really changed was my diet. I have tried the same diet since being back in the UK, but it made no difference.

Any thoughts??

My sister in law has epilepsy and goes on this odd weight loss diet from time to time, sorry but I don't remember what it is, and she said that it helps with her seizures. It could be that the food itself is different and that's why it helped?

If it's dietary it might be that there are particular ingredients that can only be sourced in South Korea, so re-creating the diet once you got home didn't have the same effect.What kinds of things were you eating?

Another thought: Did the time zone change affect how or when you took your medications?

I was mainly eating vegetables and seafood. Zero sugar and nearly zero fat. I was eating 3 meals a day instead of skipping breakfast and snacking

The time difference was 8 hours so it wasn't difficult to get my tablets in order.

I have lost 3 stone since my diagnosis in November, I have a very sweet tooth and lived on chocolate, I could easily eat 6 chocolate bars in my lunch break, but I cut back, at one point about a year ago I was 16 stone, went to 13 stone in May and now I'm 10 stone. I try to stick to 500 calories a meal, 3 meals a day - with the odd treat. I eat lots of salads now, 1 low calorie chocolate bar a day, only decaffeinated coffee... and will have the odd McDonald's. As for exercise, well I dont do the gym or anything like that, I do a brisk 10 minute walk morning and afternoon - I do feel better and have had no episodes since November 2016.

Back
Top Bottom