Nocturnal Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NeeLee

New
Reaction score
I have been experiencing nocturnal seizures recently. Sometimes two a night and they are very frightening. I can actually feel myself passing into a seizure and coming back. My doctor said I have to check into the hospital for a three day eeg. He said the possibilty of a stroke exists. I am very hospital phobic lately and have been putting off the test. has anyone else had the experience ot these night time seizures.

Hi Nee
I've had mostly nocturnal seizures for 17 years now. Most of the time I don't even know I've had one until I wake up the next morning and my wife tells me, or I'm real sore. I'm still nervous every night when I go to bed, I have no idea what I'm in for. Most I can say to you is you should get the tests done, even though mine come back normal it may help a doctor help control them.

Thank you for responding,

I know I am having the seizure becuse as with all my seizure I have certain symptoms before the beginning of my seizure. /during sleep time I wake up feeling those symptoms and then the seizure. I feel myself drift out and into the seizure and then after is the bad feeling I have. I never know if I will To have them night to night and I hate the thought of staying plugged in at the hospital for three days and having no results. I am very distressed. Right now I am on Neurontin and Topamax. I also suffer with Migraines since I about 6 years old. I am afraid to change my Meds. again. I just got off Keppra because of the side effects. This is my fifth try with Meds. I am discouraged and now worried about the possibility of a stroke. have you ever heard that is really possible.

Back
Top Bottom