is this normal or just me

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

majormana

New
Reaction score
i've noticed i dont seem to be asleep but not really awake after seziure. I appear to be sleepin yet can hear everythin going on for between 2 and 4 hrs it verys how long. Is this normal or just me? Though once in awhile i truly sleep but mostly what seems to be strange state werw i know whats going on but cant do nothing

Rebecca's never lasted that long. But perhaps if she were medicated it would.
She usually sleeps for about 30 min, though when she just comes to after a seizure, she says she can hear what is going on, but does not have the ability to respond very well.
It takes her a bit, then she is taken somewhere where she can sleep for a bit.

Now that she is off medication, and nutrition is what is being focused on, the length of time between seizures is getting longer and longer.

That happens to me ocassionally

I'll have a larger seizure where I'm totally tired out & either I can't sleep or I can't get farther than a light sleep that is easily disturbed despite being totally wiped out.

I'm not sure i explained it right as i got answer i dont feel answer my question. see i'll have sz wake up for half a second sleep for 15mins then wake right what feel in journal bout them close my eyes nd slip into weird state average time is 2 in half hrs i can hear whats going on but cant even move then wake up and still bit out of it. what i want to know is it normal to be in the state where i hear whats going on but not able to do nothing? is that state normal after sz or just me ?

In my opinion that is some sort of seizure, I have had weird ones nocturnaly and told my Dr. and he told me they were seizures. Either way you need to tell your doc. Teresa

Back
Top Bottom