Not feeling well

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit long. I just have a lot going on and I don't feel well about it.

I woke up early this morning and I was very cold. My right arm and leg felt heavy and numb. My teeth were clenched and I had a headache. I tried to go back to sleep but ever time I would start to doze off I would jerk awake. I have experienced this a couple of times before. It is very scarry and annoying and I don't know what it is about.

We have gotten a lot of snow and cold the last two days. One of the ladies in my office has not been able to get to work because of the icy roads. Three others have been coming to work sick. I have confined myself to my cubicle with my disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer and praying that I don't get the sickness. I am very sleepy.

I go back to the neuro on Monday so I can tell her how I am doing on Keppra. What should I expect? Will she order another EEG to see how the meds are affecting my sz activity? I will probably ask if a sleep study is warranted because of these night episodes. My husband complains about my snoring and sometimes it concerns him when I stop snoring for 15-20 secs and then start again.

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

... My husband complains about my snoring and sometimes it concerns him when I stop snoring for 15-20 secs and then start again.

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Ask your doc about getting a sleep study for sleep apnea.

Glad to hear you are seeing your doctor on Monday. Take it easy until then.

Sure sounds like possible sleep apnea to me! I have Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Apnea can make your seizures worse. But you need to be tested.

IF by chance you do have SA and need to use a CPAP, get a FULL face mask. They are much easier to get use to. Those ones that cover just the nose are horrid!

Back
Top Bottom