Nursing with Keppra?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
Has anyone else continued to nurse while taking their meds?
It seems that there is a split frame of mind.
I nurse my 1 yr old son twice a day and plan to totally wean him off in 3 months but I feel guilty that he's taking my meds right along with me.

Of course there are some sites that say this is fine and others that say
stop nursing because they're not sure how if affects babies.

I'm glad I didn't have to think of this when he was a newborn at least.

I was always told not to nurse any of my children by my OB, Neurologist and Primary Care dr because its not good for the babies to get the medication since it will go straight to them through the breast milk.

Thanks for sharing. My neurologist is saying it should be fine and so does my Family Physician but I just wasn't sure.
It's nice to hear the opposite point of view too.

I was always told not to nurse any of my children by my OB, Neurologist and Primary Care dr because its not good for the babies to get the medication since it will go straight to them through the breast milk.

I was told the same thing years ago when mine were babies. So I never breast-fed my now grown children. And they are in good health now.

Thanks Cint!

I guess I should really consider speeding up his weaning process even more quickly!
I have loved nursing my babies so it'll be sad and he is my last baby (tubal ligation after my last c-section) but if it is the best thing for him then there is no question about it.

Back
Top Bottom