Oh goodness, did I have another 'seizure'?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
You can see my other topic in the foyer section for more details about what has been going on. I am just trying to sort some things out and ask the appropriate questions.

I woke up this morning, took a shower and took medication. About an hour or 2 in, I went to vacuum my room. Just as I was about to vacuum, I felt these small brain zaps happen on the right side of my brain(once again). I suddenly began to feel foggy and dazed. I suddenly felt this weird déjà vu feeling and kept looking around my room endlessly. Suddenly I became anxious and afraid. I then began to felt confused. After the episode ended, I felt like I could not speak or say anything and also had trouble staying balanced. I also felt nauseous. The episode itself lasted no more than a few minutes and everything went back to normal.

Now I have began documenting this and other past episodes for the doctor to see next week. Was this another 'seizure'?

It sounds like it could have been. Are your seizures normally like this? If you feel this happening again try to sit down somewhere, even if it's on the floor. You're doing a good thing by documenting everything.

I had a seizure once while vacuuming but I didn't know it was coming on or that I was having it. I made more of a mess than I did clean!

Unfortunately, mines are not predictable. This was sudden and unexpected and was worse than the one that happened a few days ago. Most of the more recent episodes have involved face freezing, trembling and shaking(in order). Those only last for a matter of seconds. The episode that happened a few days ago made the right side of my face numb afterwards, but that went eventually away.

A few years ago, I had a major episode where I woke up and was unable to move. Then all of a sudden I could not breathe. I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up hours later, I was sore and had a bad headache. Somebody told me that might have been a grand mal seizure, however, after the MRI, I just started to believe this was all "an illusion". Now, these zaps and episodes are back in my life. Chelsea(a member on the board) told me that my trembling and shaking may have been a partial seizure and that the Adderall(which I am starting to suspect is the problem) may be making the situation much worse.

Right now I am just trying to keep an eye on it. I joined this forum to gain some knowledge and maybe talk to a few people who may have some input before I go back to the doctors next week. Right now I am alittle nervous because I don't know what to expect. There have been so many questions running through my head: "What if it's both Epilepsy and ADHD?", "What if I had been misdiagnosed with ADHD?", "What medication will I have to take if it comes back positive?"

I have had several people tell me what I have been going through(particularly when this all started a few years ago) was seizures and perhaps Epilepsy. At this point, I just want some answers. This is affecting my life.

Hang in there, I know what's it's like to not know what's happening. It's maddening. I just joined as well, looking for answers for something that's been going on for 27 years. I haven't read through the entire site and the various topics, but I recommend your doing so as I've found very similar stories to mine here. Most of us don't know the "why" we have what we have, we just know we do. It's affected many here in a huge way; and knowing there are many out there with similar lives as us is comforting in an unfortunate way. We have something that is uniquely ours, and only we can understand what it's like. Learning to live with it is dang tough sometimes tho...

Back
Top Bottom