oxygen therapy??? adults and kids

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thank you Bernard. I did it for five minutes using a face mask and it was amazing. For two days I called my brain the "information superhighway". I could hardly believe how alert and smart I was. My My thoughts were clear as a bell and I was processing information and calculations so quickly. It lasted about two days each time. It also took away my dizziness, but at the time I didn't know these dizzy spells were seizures. Just interesting.

It would be great! And if knowbody wants to do this, I will talk to my epileptologist and ask him why this has not happenned. I could see why it could cause seizures or later help. If after all the mess I went through they gave me oxygen therapy,I would be working in the jym instead of having seizures in it. I am still motivated.What a great idea Juls

I've read some more on it and its pretty interesting. I'm going to go back for more treatments. Not hyperbaric just oxygen through a mask. Funny be cause its actually my chiropractor who specializes in neurology that has me doing it. He's been way more helpful than the neurologist.

You say you got this from your chiropractor. I'm going to do this with my son. I don't care if I have to purchase my own tank. This is great news.

my Father in law gets it injected and swears by it (had heart attack) = just something else to explore :)

I always thought that injecting oxygen into the blood stream/body could be fatal. Learned something new today...
... a team of researchers at Boston Children’s hospital has designed a kind of injectable oxygen that can be quickly introduced to a person’s bloodstream to oxygenate the blood, buying paramedics or other medical personnel perhaps as much as half an hour to remedy an oxygen flow problem.

The microparticle solution is different than blood substitutes, which do carry oxygen but need to be oxygenated by the lungs. These new microparticles consist of a single thin layer of lipids that encase a tiny bubble of oxygen gas. These particles are delivered to the bloodstream via injection in a liquid solution and can return a deoxygenated blood supply in vivo to near normal levels in a matter of seconds. ...

http://www.popsci.com/science/artic...ream-could-buy-half-hour-suffocating-patients

Back
Top Bottom