Pew! (someone call a plumber)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yeah Kirsten I hear what you are saying but did your mom decide to have herself checked for cancer just because or for some other reason??? I mean honestly we all are "afflicted" in one way or another and science can only do so much...I like to remain optimistic but realistic at the same time...if it's not one thing it's another...

For example:

"I have epilepsy...oh wait no I don't...I am just hypersensitive...my condition isn't simply physiological it's psychosomatic..."

I've noticed that when my meds are irritating my stomach lining I tend to get cramps at the same time. I've become really strict about eating just before meds, and I use spasmo canulase for cramps when that doesn't work--no side effects, no drug interactions that I'm aware of, and a couple of dosages in one day fixes me up for days on end. But my cramps are not so severe. There are treatments for people with severe cramps that i used to take (like colofac), so I definitely advise talking to the doc.

Yeah Kirsten I hear what you are saying but did your mom decide to have herself checked for cancer just because or for some other reason??? I mean honestly we all are "afflicted" in one way or another and science can only do so much...I like to remain optimistic but realistic at the same time...if it's not one thing it's another...

For example:

"I have epilepsy...oh wait no I don't...I am just hypersensitive...my condition isn't simply physiological it's psychosomatic..."

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you. My mom went because she felt that her back was taking way too long to get better and she suspected something else might be the cause, which was true--metastases in her liver and spine. My story is only to back up those who do have suspicious symptoms but whose doctors aren't listening to them. I've found the same thing to be true for myself when dealing with my epilepsy--I will sometimes just know that some symptom or side effect is off the mark and, thankfully, I have a doc who pays attention to what I think, and we often find that I was right. I think a lot of patients don't speak up about what they really think about their treatments to their docs. And I think that's important. I like that I feel as though my doc and I are working together on my epilepsy rather than me being subject only to her opinions. That's my psychiatrist though (she supports my epilepsy treatment). My neuro's almost okay that way but not quite as responsive.

To say it better, we shouldn't be puppets controlled by our doctors. It should be a partnership.

Unfortunately the study of the human mind/brain connection is still in it's infancy...as humans we are still a primitive race because we are more technologically advanced than spiritually...which is why there is so much disease, destruction, darkness, and death in this world...but that's old news...the four horsemen don't care...they're just doing their job...but yeah...

You're preaching to the choir girlfriend! There are too many "shouldn't be's" in this god forsaken world (figuratively as I believe God is still here...just taking a break)...too many to count :lol:

Last edited:
Well thanks for all the advice/info everyone :)

Lol we are "puppets" to ourselves...you know you better than you know yourself

QUIT PULLING MY STRINGS!!! (talking to myself :lol:)

Yeah I am going to be stopping the yogurt...I don't really need it anyway...we already have a good quality probiotic that my wife bought online...

This is it:
pt_10.jpeg

ummm...I don't think I have blood in my stool since I always look after I wipe lol...but I do have a lot of bloating/cramping sometimes...sometimes the spasms/cramps (whatever they are) are so painful I almost fall on my knees in agony...but I just shake it off like nothing...it's probably just gas anyways...I usually let one rip shortly after...usually...and I drink a ton of water each day so yeah...well an adequate amount...

but spasms/cramps from gas wouldn't be that painful would they??? I mean sheesh...feels like an alien is about to burst from my abdomen...lower abdomen that is...those really bad spasms/cramps I notice in the lower abdomen...

I went to the doctor years back for chest pains I was having...he said it was probably just gas...and to stop drinking milk...I stopped drinking milk...just not right away...but yeah I haven't had one of those chest pains in a while...they are worse than the abdominal spasms/cramps...it's like there is barbed wired wrapped around my lung/s and it hurt's to breath in or out...very terrifying experience not being able to breath and having constricting pain at the same time...
I don't mine was quit as bad as you describe but I have been dieting and lost almost 15 pounds when all of a sudden my stomach blew you and I looked like I was about 7 months pregnant. I bought some Gas-X at the store and took a couple doses and have been ok since. I actually thought my stomach might explode.

Hmmm well how is your posture? I know that if I slouch (absentmindedly) I look like I have a gut whereas if I stand up straight (like you're suppose to) my stomach is flat...but I am not fat...I'm physically fit with muscular tone...although I'd like to rid of some extra belly/love handle fat that is just sitting there...but it's so hard to get rid of...anyway...I've never taken anything like "Gas-X" lol that just sounds scary...if I have gas I know why...it's because of my diet...which is high in protein and nutrient rich foods...yeah I lost about 15-20lbs in fat but gained it all back in muscle when I started eating right/working out :D

Last edited:
Even though I have only lost 15 pounds I also started weight training so I have added a little muscle, which as you know weights more than fat. I want to lose another 5-10 pounds, but if I don't I'm still happy.

I just feel better after I go to the gym and work out and maybe it will even benifit my brain.

Off topic, last night I woke up at 11pm and thought it was 5am so I took my thyroid meds, went back to bed and couldn't figure out why my husband was in the shower at such an early hour for him. I woke again and thougt it was 5:30 so I fixed coffee and took my lamictial and vitamins. Realized it was only 2:30 and went back to bed again. I had the strangest dreams all night long. I really hope the excerise helps my brain. :)

Yes muscle does indeed weigh more than fat lol

I'd like to lose another 5lbs maybe...whatever it takes to show my ab's more...but having epilepsy it's hard because you have to take it easy...

Yeah the main point is to be happy with yourself (only you know what that means) and to not obsess over trying to be "perfect" or accomplish some unrealistic goal...though we can still dream...I know I do lol

and yeah strange dreams...a walk in the park :D (nothing new)

Last edited:
I usually don't remember my dreams. I think they were more vivid because I was taking all my meds at the wrong times.

Oh it's quite the opposite with me let me tell you hahaha...

If anything this "reality" we are perceiving right now is a dream...a very VIVID dream...and the "dream" is actually the REALITY...the human mind is a fascinating "machine"...working constantly on so many infinitely complex levels...constantly recording and playing data piece by piece cycling it through alternate dimensional realities we call "time" and "space"...though we are only perceiving them from a limited perspective...(I find psychology...well cognitive science I should say to be one of my main interests/strongpoints...well at least that is what my mind is telling itself lol)...but anyway I'm also a lover of mystery and the unknown...

Remember...space is the time in which you make your next move :)

Anyway gonna try go back to sleep...so !thgindoog

I have a hard time remembering the dreams, though i love to. And to-day i woke up with 3 clear memories from dreams and by the time i went to write them i had forgotten 2 dreams (and that is like 10 minutes after getting up ?)

I have a hard time remembering the dreams, though i love to. And to-day i woke up with 3 clear memories from dreams and by the time i went to write them i had forgotten 2 dreams (and that is like 10 minutes after getting up ?)

Me to Janus. I had at least 3 dreams last night but quickly forgot what 2 of them were about. I clearly remeber one of them. If the other 2 were as strange as the one I remember I glad I forgot them.

MrE - re. your comment above about eating potatoes and BBQ sauce: some people are sensitive to foods from the Nightshade family, and among other foods it includes potatoes and tomatoes (I'm assuming your bbq sauce used tomatoes). Look up other foods in this family, and see if it makes sense based on what you eat. It would help tremendously to keep a food/symptom diary, and include seizures and any headaches in your symptoms not just the intestinal side of things. Don't knock out certain foods or food groups until you have a good database in the diary. You don't want to go eliminating foods you don't even need to.

Nah not keeping a diary...not a physical one anyway...I have very good memory (selective)...so it's all in my head...I know what I can eat and what I can't eat...or should I say SHOULDN'T EAT...I seriously doubt it was/is the potatoes or the bbq sauce as I have eaten those things all my life and never had any problems...but yeah tomatoes...no problem either...so I'm back to the yogurt...maybe it's that I was eating it too often...I cannot drink cow's milk at all because I get really bad gas/bloating/cramping/etc....along with intense mucus buildup and allergies...to be perfectly honest...NOBODY should be drinking that stuff...

but anyway yeah about my memory...I remember mostly all my dreams (as they remember me through internal reflection)...they move me on a very deep level...shaking me at the core of my being...like I said in a earlier post...this reality we perceive to be "real" is only as "real" as we perceive it to be...in other words...it's a real dream...some of us claim to not "dream" or not be able to remember "dreams" but in reality...you're living the dream...you ARE the dream on so many different levels...you're just not consciously aware of it...don't try to understand it from the minds consciously limited perspective...this level of awareness is on a very low vibration so there is A LOT you aren't aware of...trust me...sensory perception is merely a gateway to a more "intimate" experience...the limited perspective being conscious perception of reality and the "time" and "space" continuum in which it appears to exist...the past is the future is the past...for ever and ever and ever and ever...constantly morphing and shifting like the illusion of a kaleidoscope...

Like I once wrote...

Truth is omniscient, intangible, and invisible...but we still know it...we still feel it...and we still see it...and that will always be considered a "lie" to someone else...because the truth is...even though we all exist in a different universe...we all live in the same exact one :)

Last edited:
On a side note:

I've stopped taking NAC as it gives me acid reflux sometimes when I take it...but it's really bad when it happens...and it's weird because it's inconsistent...anyway I'm just sick of having a burning esophagus...taking it with food doesn't seem to matter when the acid will pop it's ugly little head out to say hi...so yeah...FINITO!

Last edited:
On a side note:

I've stopped taking NAC as it gives me acid reflux every time I take it...I'm sick of having a burning esophagus...taking it with food doesn't seem to matter either...so yeah...FINITO!

Maybe that's what's bothering me. I might eliminate it for awhile to see if the reflux gets better.

Back
Top Bottom