Please help - Epilim

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Amy22

New
Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for reading. I am 39. I had a grand mal 7 yrs ago. CT and MRI were normal. No more tests or problems. 17 mths ago I had another one after the birth of my baby - I was very tired. Put on 5mg Valium at night. MRI normal EEG abnormal. Starting getting pain in head and confusion and so moved to 10mg Valium. Next egg normal. Neurologist said I didn't have epilepsy but doctor said I did so put me on 800mg epilim and weened off Valium. Now just on the epilim and it makes me tired and I'm putting on weight. I have tried to come off it 3 times by gradually reducing dose but the confusion and head pain means i can't function. Can't think or speak properly. The doctor says this is not epilepsy symptoms and he doesn't know what it is but stay on epilim because it's working! I really want to come off it because feeling tired all the time is miserable. If i am late with my dose of epilim though the buzzing pain in my head is debilitating. Does anyone know what could be ?
Thanks so much
Amy

I wish I could help :( ...

Have you asked your doctor about changing meds?

Back
Top Bottom