Please help and look at my previous posts

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gal109

New
Reaction score
Please look at my previous posts, ive had eegs showing abnormal activity in the temperol lobe, but not epilepsy and i have bipolar disorder. I have had 'absnese' type episodes, for a while,but recently its changed to convulsive episodes, and its up to 3 4 or even 6/7 times a day, im on sodium valproate 900 and i cant like go out becuse fear of having a seizure and i dont know what to do as two neuros, admitedly not very thorough ones but supposedly very qualified have sed its not epilepsy as far as they can tell. PLEASE can anyone advise?

If your symptoms are progressing, and your current treatment isn't working, it's time to re-evaluate your treatment and/or your neurologist. Many neurologists are reluctant to diagnose epilepsy without a positive EEG -- even though a negative EEG doesn't rule epilepsy out. You may need to find a neurologist who is comfortable making a diagnosis based on your clinical symptoms alone.

I had no psychological issues however the rest sounds just like me- difference mine wouldn't stop without ativan. I kept a sporadic blog of my experience I can offer to share www.themanhattanstorm.blogspot.com

Yesterday I was officially diagnosed one year to the day the seizures began with deep frontal lob epilepsy. I am here if you have any questions or need help. Good luck. Feel free to PM me also

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom