Please read - Just got back from visting Rae in the hospital

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi, Rae,

I hope your surgeries go well. Don't worry about the surgeries themselves and being under anesthesia. Anesthesia is one of the things they give people to stop seizures.

Paperwork... seems like there'd be some kind of advocate at the hospital that could help with those. But that would be too logical.

Having an advocate at a hospital would be good for us. It would make it easier to sue the hospital for their huge mistakes. That is why you will never find an advocate for us at a hospital.

Rae, I had status a couple of times. It turned out that I have diabetes. That was causing it. Diabetes and Epilepsy both cause seizures. They tested me for diabetes to rule it out. I had absolutely no symptoms.

I have not had status since I have kept my diet and exercise for my diabetes under control. Ask to be tested.

Back
Top Bottom