Post ictal or something else

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I had a few days of really bad frequent seizures, thanks to my EEG last week. (i'd blame the tech but they didn't start until after right after I left the office)
There was a day where I was having myoclonics almost constantly. Had 2 CPs that were worse than anything i've had since getting on meds

The day after that I was trying to sleep at a friends house when I suddenly got really angry. (I had had a CP earlier in the day) I was upset and wanted to go for a walk at 1 am. My friend who knew I'd been having a lot of seizures wouldn't let me go alone. Otherwise i'd would have taken a long steep icy uphill walk to go the grocery store and get a candy bar. I just wanted a candy bar. The type didn't matter to me. If I had felt like talking I would have told her I was mad at her because I knew she wouldn't let me go out and get something that I'm not allowed to eat just because I was having alot of seizures.

Later, I don't remember what made me angry but I was so angry I got up instead of trying to fall asleep. I wanted to go outside, but knew it wasn't a good idea to go out in the winter time half dressed and in bare feet. I believe my next plan was to go sit indianstyle in the bathtub - because I'd have more privacy in the bathtub. It made sense at the time. My friend saw and asked "where are you going?" With the full unbridled rage that only comes after a CP, I screamed "I don't know!," walked to the door, cried for a bit, then tried to go into the bathroom to blow my nose. I walked smack into the edge of the door, so I cursed the door, and pounded on it for a bit. Blew my nose and a few minutes later I was calm. I remember answering her questions alot during the night, but I don't remember her actually asking anything. Later, she said she was just talking to me to see if it would help, not asking questions

I then slept for about 12 hours straight, was groggy and confused, and used a lot of malapropisms the next day. Everything points to seizure behavior, except that I can remember my actions. I've never remembered these things before. I have memories, but they are the wrong ones. Typically it would be her saying this happened, and my saying that I was arguing politics with a giant dragon, or something like that

Perhaps the wiring is functioning better, yet not perfectly....?

Do you find yourself getting angry like this when fully awake and conscious?

I think I have argued politics with that same dragon...

Hope you are okay after walking into the edge of the door. OUCH

Sounds like you have a truly awesome friend. Sorry to hear about all the seizure activity. My wife's seizure patterns have changed a lot over the years. Hope yours is leading in the right direction.

Those rage seizures are awful! Had a few myself. I'm glad it didn't keep you away and that you are sharing this with us. It's really hard to make those who've never experianced rage seizures understand, but when it happens to you, it becomes crystal clear.

You are very lucky to have a friend tolerant and SMART enough to recognize the behavor for what it is, just another type of seizure.

((((((( Here's a hug Mark )))))))))

You've been through some rough storms
lately! And please, no more of them "E"-word!
Hope you get a break, and I hope you can get
a hold of your Neurologist or Epileptologist and
let the office know what all has been happening
and be sure she's also present, for having a wit-
ness there will help them know things more in
specific detail, but whatever you do, PLEASE keep
a log, journal, diary, or a ledger - it helps the
Doctor a lot when such things are recorded!

Back
Top Bottom