post menopausal women

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Anyone here going through this? If so, any suggestions on what to use in place of estrogen for vag dryness & bladder problems? Even the compounded natural estrogen cream triggers my seizures & migraines. Soy products are also out of the questions. Thanks.

I don't know if this helps with your question or not.

I'm 35 and had a hysterectomy a few months ago, however I kept my overies so I didn't go through menopause. I hadn't had any children before I had it either. I was on birth control but there's that small percentage that you can get pregnant and I didn't want to take that chance.

I don't seem to be having any more or less seizures than I had before I had the surgery.

Maybe try talking to a gynocologist about it, they might beable to give you some help.

Maybe you'd want to eat more tofu? It naturally boosts estrogen. Some say that's why women in Japan don't have the menopausal symptoms western women often have.

There's a powder made from the Maca root, that's used as a non-estrogenic menopause treatment. I've seen some anecdotal endorsement of a brand called MacaSure -- but as a supplement it's not regulated the same way as a drug, so proceed with caution and check with your doctor first. The Macasure website is here: http://macasure.com/about-maca/doctors.html

Another potential treatment is a non-estrogen drug called Ophena. It's had good results in treating vaginal dryness, and was awaiting FDA approval in 2011. Check with your doctor to see if it's available where you are. More info here: http://www.emaxhealth.com/1/70/3352...elps-treatment-common-menopause-symptoms.html

Back
Top Bottom