pre-ictal problems?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Torak

New
Reaction score
Does anyone else here have pre-ictal problems (I have TLE)?

I tend to have episodes of depression, lethargy, then paranoia building up before a seizure. This can start 5 days to 2 mins before the seizure, even sometimes simple partial ones (although only usually for complex partial and tonic clonic).

I find it more annoying than the seizures themselves in some ways.

PTSD and Social Anxiety Disorder problems that I have can also trigger these episodes and i'm wondering if this is causing the seizures in some cases.

I'm almost thinking out loud here though, tbh.

I'm curious though as to whether anyone else here has pre-ictal problems or prodromes, and how you cope with them. Can you stop them?

I've had something similar one time. I was in a bad mood as soon as I woke up. Nothing was stressing me or nothing made me mad. Just woke up that way. Thought nothing of it until I had two complex partials in one day. Had to go to ER for those and was treated then came back home. Anyways, sometimes I just have "a feeling" or sometimes my brain will tickles or feel odd- i don't really know how to explain it. But it was be 1-2 hours before anything happens. Sometimes I get just Auras/simple partial seizure and no complex partial seizure- which to me is weird.

Prodromes might be some sort of aura or warning. I don't know much about them but I do get more paranoid of a seizure happening when I feel strange all day.

Take care,
Crystal

Back
Top Bottom