Programs/Funding to buy exercise equipment?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any programs to help purchase exercise equipment?

I'm mainly interested in getting a "tadpole" recumbent bicycle.
http://www.bicycleman.com/recumbents/trikes/sidewinder/sidewinder-recumbent-trikes.htm
http://pagetuner.com/tadpole/
http://www.bentrideronline.com/reviews/EZTadpole/eztadpole.htm

They are expensive ($1200.00+) but well worth it. Having Epilepsy and some other medical problems make this the best style bicycle for me to get. They are perfect for riding it on the local bicycle paths.

I'm hoping for a program or funding source to help pay for at least half (if not all) cost. I can't
go to the gym to exercise. I have doctors (several) orders not to do heavy lifting.

If anyone knows, please let me know.

Last edited:
Have you tried looking at eBay or in the paper for estate sales? When Stacy's grandfather passed away, she had to liquidate his estate and sell a ton of exercise equipment they had (including a high quality exercise bike). I imagine with some digging, you could find a used one at a significant discount from new/retail.

I've checked on eBay numerous times. All they had where the cheapy reumbent bicycles. The ones that have two wheels in the rear, on it the front with fenders. They're not "too" expensive, but are cheaply made IMHO. I want something that's going to last more than ride. I will give my local paper a look. But most of the "good" sales are not in my area, or on a busline.

If anyone can find or thinks of a program, please let me know.

You're not going to believe this but check out:

And you'll see why I've been with Chainwheel Drive
since 1972 - LOL! In fact you could see my Chainwheel
outfit in my biking gear in one of the slideshows ...

Only less than $700 brand new click on the photo
below to view more details and info:

You can PM me for my name and who to ask for
specifically if you're interested, I know the Owners.

;)

That looks nice, but that's not what I'm needing. What I want is a "Tadpole" recumbent. I have other medical conditions that I also need to address. So any upright bicycle will not help me. The "Tadpole" recumbent (twin wheels in front preferred) will be better for my overall health.

Thx anyway. :)

^--- Exactly what I wanna get. But unfortunately they are $1200+ :( I'm trying to save up to get one, but it's not going well. Every time I have some spare $$ to put away all kinds of other expenses turn up. :(

Brain - that second bike looks really cool. I think my knees could handle that much better than a regular bike.

Back
Top Bottom