Proud mom

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

flinnigan

New
Reaction score
I'm very proud of my youngest child. Yesterday at school they started working on their science fair projects. She really wants to make it to the county level. The teacher told them of a boy who made it to county and did his project on diabetes because his mother had it. So she has decided to do hers on the brain, particularly on the hipocampus and memory because of her mommy. Now my job is to keep my nose out of it. Its going to be very hard to keep quiet and just guide her.

Sounds like a fun mission.
My kids are still to young for school but i know my son will be in to things like that.
I know I will be in his. I will not be able to stay completely out.

Best of luck to her and you.
Well... i mean have fun
poker is luck not school...haha

Last edited:
:clap::clap: For your daughter. Taking on a real challenge. You should be proud. My grown daughters have never shown that much interest in my E. They are supportive, but have never actually tried to learn about it.

Thanks fantastic flinnigan! :clap:

I remember once one of my kids doing a project on my other illness (pre E diagnosis) along time ago. It was her food science class. She made all these cakes as a part of her project and then sold them to other students and raised the princely sum of twenty dollars which she donated to the local M.E. society. But it was the written stuff that amazed me. She brought awareness to so many students and teachers. It was great.

I'm sure you're gonna be extra extra proud of her. Be sure to let us know how she goes with it and wishing her all the best :)

Ask her if she will share it with us here, when she is done. We might learn a lot from her.

Will do. It was so cute when she started researching and found out the Hippocampus was respocible for memory, she had no idea. I think she is already understamding why I have so much trouble remembering things.

Well now,

isn't that just the coolest thing? She'll learn an awful lot, understand you better, and gain an awful lot of knowledge in the process!!!

PLEASE ask to show us the project when she's done! I'd REALLY like to see it!

I get to poof my chest even further today. My 16 year old son received an internship with Microsoft. They're flying him to Redmond WA the end of the month for the kick off conference. What a wonderful start to a New Year.

As for my brain researching daughter. She's already learning so much and is going to use a facial recognition game similar to the one I did for Neurophsyc. Now I really wish they would have let me bring my hippocampus home in a jar, how cool would that have looked on her table.

You done good, flinnigan!

This reminds me of my so when he was in speech and debate in high school. At his senior awards dinner, he was giving a thanks speech and said he'd would like to thank his mom. He told everyone about my struggles with epilepsy and how it's been an inspiration to him. He was so emotional, which really surprised me. He had everyone in the place in tears and I was so proud of my son. He went on to college and graduated magna cum laude!

Back
Top Bottom