Question about Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MAB from what I've been reading, some of the common bad side effects of Lamictal are hair loss and insomnia, and I don't need any help with insomnia AT ALL. Apologies for hijacking your thread :) but have you had insomnia or hair loss with this drug? And I don't know why she wrote 'intractable' because I put that question to her directly and she said she had no way of knowing if we will resolve my seizures and that we had many drug options left to try (and that I wasn't on a very high dose of what I was currently on :-()

I have been on lamictal for YEARS. Way before I had epilepsy I was using it as a mood stabilizer for Bipolar at 200 mgs 2xs a day. I now am up to 300mgs 2xs a day for epilepsy as of a few month ago when my blood test showed I was low and I was having seizures. I have never had problems with insomnia or hair loss on lamictal. It has been one of the few anti epileptics I have taken (which have been several used as mood stabalizers over the years) that I have had hardly any problems with. :)

Back
Top Bottom