Questionable seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
So it's happened lately where I'm not sure if I'm having a different type of seizure. Like always it's hard to describe. I have all my senses, during a partial I can't talk. So I don't think it's a partial. But my mouth just feels weird for a few minutes. It's hard to explain. The feeling is difficult to describe. I get the feeling almost like I'm drunk, I'm currently in a wheelchair so I don't fall. When I say drunk I mean like my perception of some things feel weird. Idk, any ideas?

It could still be a simple partial -- they can take the form of all kinds of sensory disturbances, including "feeling weird" as if your perception is off. Partials can change over time, so it's possible that you are experiencing a new kind, or an earlier stage of one.

Keep track of them -- hopefully they are just a fluky thing right now. And hopefully you won't have any seizures after your VNS is implanted.

I appreciate the insight, and I now have the VNS is now implanted but not yet activated.

I agree with Nak
Keep track of any strange activity which you think may be related to seizures for your neuro.

After my surgery I was 2 years seizure free then the seizures returned in 2013, I started taking partials again but they'd change. Even now little things happen & I have changes. It does get annoying because before surgery my seizures never changed, always same aura then go into a complex partial but they change all the time now.
I've learnt to deal with that now & just make note if I do need to discuss any changes with my neuro.

It's probably still a simple partial. Most of mine are the same, but I have had some which felt different.

Sometimes it feels like someone is willing my brain, right behind my eyes. I feel it in my eyes, and just behind them.

I've been trying to convince myself that they aren't partials.

I'm on my phone. Expect typos.

Back
Top Bottom