rant! so i go up a+e ....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jayde-101

Stalwart
Reaction score
I had a Gp appointment yesterday which i booked cause my seizures are getting alot longer and more frequent ... my Gp said they cant give me any medication to try it has to be a neurologist?!? If it carries on go to hospital

So i thought fair enough ... 2 hours passed and i had another 6-7min one so i thought okay off i go to hospital .. i sat their for 3hours they did my bloods and vitals and said they"why have you come here were not aloud to prescribe you anything it has to be a neurologist go home "

My app isn't till 25th June to see the neurololgist and Im having more and more seizures i dunno what to do now Im scared and worried as most of them happen when Im sleeping ...I've woken with a severely ulcerated bit tongue :( and really sore muscles there is only so much my body can take not being on any meds to help is tough :(

Jade x

jayde-101

Sure sounding like T/C in your sleep. Do you live alone?

Grrrrr.....bloody useless.

Get a 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion from different GP's if you have to. Keep a camcorder on hand and try and get friends/family to record it. Keep a diary, get descriptions recorded. Keep pushing, best to be told you've been wasting your time than risking your health. Either way they should not be treating that way. You are entitled to be "checked out". Geez it makes me angry.

W T F !!!!! seriously, your having TC in your sleep and they wont pescribe you any meds ?? unbelievable. I am really hoping that you get some help soon as I have no idea how your managing as each TC I have takes 3-5 days to recover from. sending you luck and support

The hospital should have had a neurologist on-call who could prescribe something. Go back there, try another hospital, camp out in your GPs office, whatever it takes....

Totally agree with Nakamova, unfortunately we have to fight to be heard sometimes. Also, if u can get a referral from ur GP, go and see a psych so you can show it's not psychologically based! Wait, you've already done that right? Can the psych write to ur Gp and recommend a referral to a neuro? You need some back up!

Im waiting for the psych app too not had it through yet and my neurologist app is 25th June .... thankfully i live with a boyfriend and he keeps an eye on me but doesn't always hear me :/ .... i just seem to be fighting all the time .... i can hardly talk today my tongue is so sore and swollen :( thanks for replys

jade x

I had to wait 5 months after daily seizures began before being prescribed anything but on bad days the hospital would at least put me on some IV valium or some oral ativan and babysit me for awhile. My GP was able to prescribe ativan too because it can be used for antianxiety too but Nakamova is right do try another hospital! See if you can get a different referral? Ask your GP what can be done with serious desperation in your voice! They hate drama. What country do you live in?

Are you a newby to E or just the forum ?? Im new to (to both) and struggling with E in many many ways, feeling like a weakling most of the time as im spending a lot of my time close to tears. Feel free to message xx

Hi jade

Im from the uk too . Are your appiontments made at Walton . Only if we have had problems we have a contact number for a epilepsy nurse also our gp will requset an appiontment as soon as.

Made at where ? I have no contact numbers to ring for help :( and my Gp won't do anything its just a nightmare Im at my wits end with it all night:(

Have you called the neurologist's office and tried to move your appointment up? I think if you told them you keep having more and more seizures and they get longer every time and that you're not on any meds they might at least try to put you on a list to call you as soon as they have a cancellation or something. You can even call the office early in the morning and see if they've had any cancellations that day.

Back
Top Bottom